News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Picture of the day! by you!

Started by ck1, April 28, 2007, 11:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigred68

That picture, infact, most ALL of these pictures are amazing. Truly, some of you are gifted. I need to spend more time taking, and learning how to take pictures. Perspective was mentioned a bit ago in this thread, and that truly is key to some of these amazing shots. Thank all of you! :2thumbs: I do hafta say, the bees and the bug shots gimmie the weeboogeebees!
:cheers:

elacruze

This picture is from about a year and a half ago, but it's about the only picture I ever took that was noteworthy...

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Brock Samson

found this pic on the web, and wish and want to discover how to get this technique.
It's related I bet to the photo technique and equipment i posted on earlier in the Yr. that noone but Magnum responded to,..
anyhow here's the pic...
and the thread, http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,58740.0.html
sorry the subject is a car, and a rice rocket at that,.. shoot me.  :shruggy:

mikepmcs

That picture looks to be tonemapped.  Or it is just a pretty good shot with a few highlights here and there. I don't have the time right now to read the thread you posted above but will look at it when I get home. 
Night shots are hard to really make pop.  Ive got a couple good ones from many years ago when I was in San Fran going to school.  I'll try to find them.
Crop that little rocket out and put your car in there. LOL :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

472 R/T SE

I don't know if it's HDR, but it's something I'd like to learn more about.

Brock Samson

Instructive link, thanks I'll study it in detail later...  :2thumbs:

mikepmcs

Ok, I can really see the pic now and it appears to be an attempt at HDR. I myself do not dig the blurred lights in the background.  I'm gonna guess that the photographer bracketed the shots(maybe 3, maybe 5) and then tried to align them most likely using photomax or a variant thereof and the lights came out blurry due to camera shift during the shots.  It's pretty much gotta be dead calm to keep it all still. Night shots are tough for sure.
Check this guy out for a wow factor in some serious HDR.

I don't think he admits it to be HDR but it has to be.  It's incredible regardless.
I am actually fooling around with HDR at this very momnent because I tend to lean more towards the in your face photos myself.  Almost fake if you will. I really dig that shizzle!

http://nature-lover.smugmug.com/

What is HDR you ask.  High Dynamic Range. A post-processing of taking either one image or a series of images, combining them, and adjusting the contrast ratios to do things that are virtually impossible with a single aperture and shutter speed. In a nutshell.

I believe this is the look you might be trying to achieve Dave.  If you are looking for the blurred effect then photoshop or picasa can achieve that pretty easily. 

Hope it helped.

Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Finn

My friend just started messing around with HDR, really cool look imo:

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

RD

holy crap that is awesome!!1
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

73chgrSE

looks like i'm trippin man :smilielol:

jaak

Quote from: Finn on September 08, 2009, 07:11:36 PM
My friend just started messing around with HDR, really cool look imo:

Cool pics  :2thumbs:

mikepmcs

Very cool pics, definitely that second one.
This is my first HDR pic ever.  very cookie cutter  but it's a start.  I only bracketed 3 shots. I think 5 is the way to go but my d80 will only AE 3 on it's own so I'll have to manually bracket, which will most likely cause some sort of camera shake. Hopefully the software can align it.
Anyway, cool stuff. 
Ignore the watermark, haven't licensed the software yet. There is a free HDR program on the web but it's junk pretty much. 

451-74Charger

Here's mine from Monday

Brock Samson

nice shot, funny they don't have the winglits on that which i would assume to be a state of the art 747..  :shruggy:

451-74Charger

This is the "Local" Transport
And the transport's transport

Hemidog

Those junkyard pics were awesome! next stop, screensaver.

mauve66

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 10, 2009, 11:11:15 AM
nice shot, funny they don't have the winglits on that which i would assume to be a state of the art 747..  :shruggy:

highly modified 747-200B, military version of 747

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_VC-25
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Foreman72

that HDR stuff is insane...
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

Skyview69

mikepmcs

Quote from: Skyview69 on September 11, 2009, 01:34:23 PM
Quote from: Foreman72 on September 10, 2009, 10:15:14 PM
that HDR stuff is insane...

I agree...what is HDR???

What is HDR you ask.  High Dynamic Range. A post-processing of taking either one image or a series of images, combining them, and adjusting the contrast ratios to do things that are virtually impossible with a single aperture and shutter speed. In a nutshell.

FINN
What program is your buddy using?

Blown70

Alll this talk an no pics makes me think of these

Finn

Quote from: mikepmcs on September 11, 2009, 05:13:51 PM

FINN
What program is your buddy using?

Photoshop CS3 is the only one I am aware of. Ill ask him though :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Mike DC

That HDR stuff is interesting, but it seems like a elaborate term for what I would just call "photoshopped."

mikepmcs

Not to get all technical and stuff but any picture that is enhanced in any kind of way could basically be called photoshopped, right?
HDR is multiple pics of the same scene with different exposures allowing you to capture just about every tone/contrast/color.  Then you combine the pictures into one and map it out so you can see all the best parts of the photo without losing anything. This is impossible with one shot out of any camera.  I really dig it and is definitely my direction from here on out with my little photography hobby that I picked up 10 minutes ago.LOL
In your face, explosive shots.  The photographer still has to see the shot and know how to work the camera options.  What a great way to learn about aperature, shutter speeds etc...... I've leaned more about my camera in a week than I ever would have had I not ran into HDR.

BTW I'm not contesting your statement at all Mike. I just really have no allegiance to normal photography like one shot and done, I like it but not a purist as evidenced by the paint scheme on my car.hahaha.

After all, art is art.

Khyron

Quote from: mikepmcs on September 11, 2009, 09:13:33 PM
I like it but not a purist as evidenced by the paint scheme on my car.hahaha.

After all, art is art.

great quote! lol, I use it all the time  GMTA!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.