News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Picture of the day! by you!

Started by ck1, April 28, 2007, 11:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Landonsrt

mikepmcs

Quote from: Landonsrt on October 12, 2009, 11:26:22 PM
It is a model....

The ultimate compliment.  That is a real picture I took of downtown Augusta Maine a couple months back. I guess I don't have to wonder if I pulled that off. :icon_smile_big:
That is my first attempt at said effect.

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Musicman

No special effects... just a shot looking up the road as you start to enter the White Mountain region of NH.

tan top

Quote from: Musicman on October 13, 2009, 07:14:20 AM
No special effects... just a shot looking up the road as you start to enter the White Mountain region of NH.

thats a good shot  :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

chargergirl

Trust your Woobie!

SeattleCharger

Quote from: mikepmcs on October 13, 2009, 05:38:13 AM
It is a model....

The ultimate compliment.  That is a real picture I took of downtown Augusta Maine a couple months back. I guess I don't have to wonder if I pulled that off. :icon_smile_big:

Its a model I say!!!   where are all the cars and people? 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

73chgrSE

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on October 13, 2009, 11:52:49 AM
Quote from: mikepmcs on October 13, 2009, 05:38:13 AM
It is a model....

The ultimate compliment.  That is a real picture I took of downtown Augusta Maine a couple months back. I guess I don't have to wonder if I pulled that off. :icon_smile_big:

Its a model I say!!!   where are all the cars and people?  

I see at least 3 cars...and 1 black minivan.

squeakfinder

How come the bridge and down the street don't appear to be all that blurry but the building's in the immediate background look real blurry? Allthough the water sky and far off background do look real.
What I'm trying to say is the bridge looks like it might be farther away than those out of focus building's.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Long Island RT

Empire State building with Williamsburg Bridge this past Saturday

1969 Dodge Charger RT Restomod<br />Triple Black, 512 stroker, Tremec TKO600 5-speed<br />2005 Dodge Magnum RT - Brilliant Black - Lowered

SeattleCharger

Quote from: 73chgrSE on October 13, 2009, 12:15:30 PM

It is a model....

oh ya, I see the black minivan now, and the cars under carports kind of.  that is really trippy, really looks like a model.  

mauve66

cars are easy to put in a model and people are also if they are far enough away, the pic is cool but i'm a skeptic, i'll believe it if i see another pic without the effects and different traffic pedestrian patterns, maybe even a ship in the water or a dolphin jumping around.....................................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Khyron

Quote from: mauve66 on October 13, 2009, 06:38:46 PM
cars are easy to put in a model and people are also if they are far enough away, the pic is cool but i'm a skeptic, i'll believe it if i see another pic without the effects and different traffic pedestrian patterns, maybe even a ship in the water or a dolphin jumping around.....................................

or Jay Leno picking his nose while 3 bears ride on unicycles as a clown pops a ballon and a child is running crying..

there, he needs to photoshop that! :lol:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

mikepmcs

Quote from: Khyron on October 13, 2009, 10:56:07 PM

or Jay Leno picking his nose while 3 bears ride on unicycles as a clown pops a ballon and a child is running crying..

I'll work on the Leno deal. :rofl:

Hey, Mauve, it's me, Mike, the guy that took the picture, it's a real picture of downtown augusta maine, I got no reason to lie about it. :lol:
I obviously nailed the effect I was trying to achieve so thanks everybody for the comments, this is too funny. :coolgleamA:
I'll take another picture today of something else and post another one up. Hopefully it will be as good as this one. :2thumbs:
I love this place. :icon_smile_big:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

oldrock

re the pic that looks like a model... one easy way to show it is real is to take a pic when there is some wind. That is one thing the model builders can't really replicate. Wind makes waves on the water and bows the trees in a specific way. Very hard to make a model that would reflect all that. BTW, if that is a model the trees are fantastic! They are not your average very uniform looking overly green things most models use.

73chgrSE

Check this out. Similar angle of the same town.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Augusta,_Maine_2.jpg

36 Dodge Brothers

San Francisco, Picture taken from Treasure Island.

Regards,
Marco
68 Charger R/T
36 Dodge D2

CB

That's a pretty cool picture! Hope to catch the same view when I will travel the west coast :yesnod:
Thanks!
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

SeattleCharger

Quote from: 73chgrSE on October 14, 2009, 11:10:44 AM

Check this out. Similar angle of the same town.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Augusta,_Maine_2.jpg

ok, 

Mr.Woolery

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on October 13, 2009, 06:35:08 PM
Quote from: 73chgrSE on October 13, 2009, 12:15:30 PM

It is a model....

oh ya, I see the black minivan now, and the cars under carports kind of.  that is really trippy, really looks like a model.  

There's a real technique to getting that "toylike" feel in the pics.  There's a guy who's mastered the technique to create some really intriguing time lapse movies on Youtube...here's an example.  Really cool stuff!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkrtYRxGyuo&feature=channel
-1971 Charger R/T clone restomod project

For details on my cars, check out my web blog

Dans 68

Quote from: CB on October 14, 2009, 11:58:42 AM
That's a pretty cool picture! Hope to catch the same view when I will travel the west coast :yesnod:
Thanks!
CB

I'll make sure it happens. I'll get Brock to take ya....

Actually, I'll try to get that shot when we are on Treasure Island this coming Sunday morning on our cruise to Santa Cruz down Coast Highway 1. There will probably be a bit of fog so the ambiance will be different.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

71superbee

I can vouch for Mikepmcs. As soon as I noticed the picture, I knew that it was Augusta Maine looking from the Memorial bridge down onto Water St. BTW I live 5 minutes from Augusta and go over the bridge all the time.

Mike does take amazing pictures and by the looks of his pics he definately is very talented.

mikepmcs

Quote from: 71superbee on October 14, 2009, 04:07:28 PM
I can vouch for Mikepmcs. As soon as I noticed the picture, I knew that it was Augusta Maine looking from the Memorial bridge down onto Water St. BTW I live 5 minutes from Augusta and go over the bridge all the time.

Mike does take amazing pictures and by the looks of his pics he definately is very talented.

Hey Rick  :wave:
Hope all is well.  :icon_smile_big:
Thanks for the nice words BTW. I would like to turn this in to a full time hobby/income.  Don't know how to do it though. Researching every day....  :2thumbs:
I work at the VA now, errr for now. :-)

36DB, That shot of my home town is awesome!!!  :2thumbs:

mauve66

Quote from: mikepmcs on October 14, 2009, 07:51:07 AM
Quote from: Khyron on October 13, 2009, 10:56:07 PM

I'll work on the Leno deal. :rofl:

Hey, Mauve, it's me, Mike, the guy that took the picture, it's a real picture of downtown augusta maine, I got no reason to lie about it. :lol:
I obviously nailed the effect I was trying to achieve so thanks everybody for the comments, this is too funny. :coolgleamA:
I'll take another picture today of something else and post another one up. Hopefully it will be as good as this one. :2thumbs:
I love this place. :icon_smile_big:

i'm just skeptical about photos nowadays with the things that photoshop can do, others have proven your ability already, you really have talent there
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

mikepmcs

Quote from: Mr.Woolery on October 14, 2009, 01:55:08 PM
There's a real technique to getting that "toylike" feel in the pics.  There's a guy who's mastered the technique to create some really intriguing time lapse movies on Youtube...here's an example.  Really cool stuff!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkrtYRxGyuo&feature=channel

Holy moly, that is incredible.  I'm torn between his ability to make this time lapse or the power he must have to stage a fake search and rescue when that guy fell in to the ocean.  :lol:

On another note, no time to stop and take a picture today but I'll gen one up from a previous photo, gimme a few minutes.

FLG

Cool pics!

LI R/T, you come by my neck of the woods and dont even give me a heads up  :RantExplode:

BTW, next time your around i live in Williamsburg Brooklyn...shoot me a PM!

Looked at pic more closely. I say you took that not far or right off of kent ave in Brooklyn....literally maybe 5 min from where i live.