News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Picture of the day! by you!

Started by ck1, April 28, 2007, 11:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

Can't really find a good picture to do the fake miniature with.  The trick is to be well above the subject and not to zoom in too much. I just started doing this so most of my exposures are set up for HDR process.  I have a few ideas for some mini pictures but I have to get the church in town to let me get up in the Belfry so I can take pics of my buddy Danny's shop across the street.  I think that will make a good one with cars in the front and stuff.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

noir

SeattleCharger

:smilielol: :smilielol:    amazing how you made the front loader actually look like its really made out of plastic. 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

mikepmcs

back to normal.....
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mikepmcs

hemi-hampton

Quote from: mikepmcs on October 15, 2009, 09:19:07 PM
back to normal.....

Kind of looks like that Cemetary in 1968's Night of the Living Dead set in Pennsylvania :scratchchin:  LEON.

They going to get you Martha

Finn

Quote from: mikepmcs on October 15, 2009, 09:19:07 PM
back to normal.....

That's my favorite cemetery shot! I was never a fan of the cold blue-tint ones, too common/gothic.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

mikepmcs

Thanks Finn.  :icon_smile_big:

I guess I have to agree with you on that one and I have gone the sephia/blue/black&white route thinking at the time that it was the thing to do. Heck, I might have even posted a couple up here.  Nowadays you gotta stray from the norm and I'm trying to break my own habits and to look outside the box.  You can see I'm still pretty conventional but little by little I'm getting there.  :2thumbs:
I'm looking towards submitting some pics to istockpohoto and shutterstock to see if I can join the royalty crowd but obviously they are saturated(punny) with nature and the like. Would be cool if Getty saw my stuff and sad come on in but Getty Images and Corbis are the "epitome of excellence" as Vern used to say.(the celebrity of the photo world basically)
Anyway, I'll just keep putzin along and maybe someday I can turn this in to more than a hobby. Never been too smart on the business end of things. ;D

Mike

SeattleCharger

3 or 4 years ago I posted pics of a dump truck/ trailer combo flipped here, same exact spot. had been full of gravel.
last week another guy does the same thing,    got the pic on the cell phone while driving, lucked out on the spacing between cars in oncoming traffic that could have blocked the shot, (and in not crashing myself, heh)

The70RT

Looks like it's hard to make a wide turn there and that 12" curb does it's job   :pity:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SeattleCharger

I guess so.  also, its called the w. seattle freeway, though speed limit is 35, and its at least a 90 degree turn, you gotta slow down a lot to make it, and hope you don't get rear ended, so people tend to take it a little fast I would say,  don't know about the dump trucks though, what is causing it exactly.  you think he's going up on the wall a little cause it won't make the corner?    (found the last pics, the gravel blocked both lanes this other time) was digital camera while driving slower

FLG

WOW thats pretty good, both in the same spot. Maybe same guy too  :rofl:

mauve66

yeah, the pup is so far back he's not getting it around that high curbing, a REAL truck driver would have blocked both lanes with his 4-ways on before he got there to properly facilitate the turn, bet no one from his company warned him before getting there the first time, bet he knows now :brickwall:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Finn

Sometimes friends can really make your day:

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SeattleCharger

c00nhunterjoe

thats the best charger picture i have ever seen

Brock Samson

on Daytona Guys' Yellow Clone...

mikepmcs

Brock Samson

I swear your pics make me wanna put on some yellow tinted granny glasses, a vest and cordoroys grow loong side burns take a huge bong hit and listen to Are You Experianced!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4yZXb4aD2Q

or, to hear the backwards solo forwards...  O0
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQGSDsYdqc8

Dans 68

Quote from: mikepmcs on October 17, 2009, 10:48:26 PM

Nice. I hope I take half as nice photos tomorrow on the Cruise to Santa Cruz. I concur with Dave on this.  :2thumbs:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: Brock Samson on October 17, 2009, 11:05:45 PM
I swear your pics make me wanna put on some yellow tinted granny glasses, a vest and cordoroys grow loong side burns take a huge bong hit and listen to Are You Experianced!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4yZXb4aD2Q

or, to hear the backwards solo forwards...  O0
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQGSDsYdqc8

"Dude you're geekin me out"  :lol:

SeattleCharger

This is my first attempt.   sort of kept it mellow, if I tried to tweak it more, it would look to much, but I can't get quite the effect you did,  (obviously)

SeattleCharger

well, a little different than original

mikepmcs