News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Picture of the day! by you!

Started by ck1, April 28, 2007, 11:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

Here's a pair of pics that are going to be more interesting to me than the other members.  :icon_smile_big:

My daughter Kate, will be 12 later this month & just played her first rock concert. Her school organized a show that allowed the kids to sign up & play several songs this past Friday the 13th. There were about 6 bands that played from 6PM to about 9:30PM & a lot of the other kids in the school were there in the audience. She & 3 others got together about 4 weeks ago, picked the name "Deep Red Blush" for their band, crammed a bunch of practice jams in, & played 4 songs, including "Sunshine of Your Love" by Cream. I had no idea they were working on that song.  :coolgleamA:

She's the bass player on the right.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

doctor4766

Musta been a proud Dad
Gotta love a '69

Old Moparz

Quote from: doctor4766 on May 16, 2011, 06:30:59 PM
Musta been a proud Dad

I sent pics to family & have the video too, so you might be right.  :lol:
               Bob                

Brock Samson

mikepmcs

Any back story on the band's name choice?

Oh and good for her.  I bet it was awesome.  :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Old Moparz

Quote from: mikepmcs on May 16, 2011, 08:40:28 PM
Any back story on the band's name choice?

Oh and good for her.  I bet it was awesome.  :2thumbs:

She told me they just thought the name sounded good, no special meaning. I'm sure if they get famous there will be all kinds of rumors circulating on how it was chosen, what it means, or some secret meaning behind it.  :lol:
               Bob                

mikepmcs

I wish them all the success in the world and think it's great.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Bob T

Cool band pics Old Moparz , budding muso in the family  :2thumbs:

Life on the Red Planet.
Actually , my right eye,  viewing it from behind in a retinal scan today
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

mikepmcs

shot my buddy's band tonight.  never forget the drummer.  just starting to go through them.
665 pics to go.

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: mikepmcs on April 27, 2011, 03:54:36 PM
Retired Chief Petty Officer. Initiated.
To be called an E7 and not Chief is the kiss of death in the Navy.  LOL!!!!!!

*Holds out hand pretending to hold a cup of coffee*                   RLY now ?   

That's like calling a 'Gunny' an E7...           :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

mikepmcs

Here's another.  This is my buddy Tommy(also a Navy Chief[ret]).  Band is called Backlash.  They've been together for many many years and are very popular.
The first pic, a couple posts ago, is the stand in drummer from the band Twyce Shy(80's glam cover band)....also, extremely popular in Maine. Normally you wouldn't recognize Rick cause he's in hair and makeup.  He's subbing for Backlash due to Backlash drummer having a heart attack about 4 days ago.  He's fine.
Anyway, just got started deleting and then to edit all these pics but thought i'd throw this one up there.  :icon_smile_cool:
Tommy and the other band members didn't mind me screwing around honing up my knowledge base.  He literally let me experiment all night long.
This shot; Nikon D3S, 24-70 f2.8(@70mm) 1/320 and 3200ISO.  Off camera flash.  I had 3 sb-900's set up at 1/64th power.
Still a huge learning curve on the flash settings and the marrying of the flash with the Nikons. The remote trigger comes from a Power Wizard TT1 and AC3 controller sending the signals to Nikon Flex TT5's.  
I also had my Nikon D3X there as well but the cleanest highest ISO I can go on that one is 1600. I think Nikon will be coming out with another higher MP super high ISO body later this year.  I'll be going broke getting that one too.

skip68

Pepsi 1986 sales ralley belt buckles,...........anybody got a clue on the worth/or info?  It was passed to me by a relative.  Box is in perfect condition, both buckles have never been out of box! Mrs.skip68
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Finn

Those are pretty cool! I like the plain pepsi one on the right.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Drache

Quote from: skip68 on May 30, 2011, 01:16:35 AM
Pepsi 1986 sales ralley belt buckles,...........anybody got a clue on the worth/or info?  It was passed to me by a relative.  Box is in perfect condition, both buckles have never been out of box! Mrs.skip68

No idea on price but they were given out to exmployees who made certain amount of sales. There was a few other items like picture frames and such that were also given out.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

mikepmcs

got to shoot the red sox affiliate today.  Portland Sea Dogs.
over 800 pictures and this is the one that made it all worth it. i've got half to go through still but i have another level of respect for sports photogs.  not easy.  i concentrated on balls in frame mostly.  missed some action shots due to lack of poop in one sock with focus of all things. i'm hoping for one bat on ball but the odds are ridiculous.  i did see one bat on foul tip though so I guess that should be enough.  :lol:
watcha think?

ck1

Quote from: mikepmcs on May 15, 2011, 05:24:08 PM
Dave asked for this thread to be void of car pics.
:2thumbs:
Although it does look really nice.
mmmmmmmmm Dave, wonder if he started this post  :scratchchin:
CJK

skip68

Our son Nick, having a early celebration of his birth at Grandpa's house today. Of course the lil ol' sister had to be in it too!  :lol: He actually was born on Memorial Day, 1996! Can't believe he's 15 already!!!  He's holding up his new wii game: Call Of Duty-Black Ops! He's crazy about it!!!! Mrs.skip68  ;)

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Bob T

Great action shot Mikepmcs  :2thumbs:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

mikepmcs

The70RT

Some hail that missed my truck by like 10 feet.....I was under a tree and only got some minor damage. This was the same day Joplin got hit.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

purplechargerguy

A AH-1 Cobra taken at the national training center in California.  I took this back in '88
73 Charger SE  WP29M3A227291

LeeBoy

Quote from: purplechargerguy on June 01, 2011, 12:06:29 AM
A AH-1 Cobra taken at the national training center in California.  I took this back in '88
why does the date on the photo say 5/31/2011
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

Drache

Quote from: LeeBoy on June 01, 2011, 06:17:50 AM

Picture of a picture maybe?
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

purplechargerguy

Quote from: Drache on June 01, 2011, 06:37:48 AM
Quote from: LeeBoy on June 01, 2011, 06:17:50 AM

Picture of a picture maybe?

You got it Drache..  that was back in the day before digital cameras so I had to take a picture of a picture
73 Charger SE  WP29M3A227291