News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Picture of the day! by you!

Started by ck1, April 28, 2007, 11:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

Quote from: Fred on November 27, 2011, 08:39:10 PM
Do I spot a bird bath? :scope:
Love the other photo...............you have real talent!

wow... thanks :-)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

Quote from: elacruze on November 28, 2011, 08:34:33 AM
Can't go wrong with Railroad iron.  :2thumbs:

so true.... there is something about it.... the rust, dents, grease... love it!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Bob T

Very cool window in the master bedroom of a 70+ year old house today.
5 different types of glass, beaded, fluted, fine stipple and bevelled.

Artisian Craftsman long dead but working to a design of the times
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

mikepmcs

My buddy Joel and his family.  Took these a few days ago.  Tough light that day. For the record, he insisted on this picture as the backdrop because the house is in the background.  I would have chosen a different one due to harsh light.  It's not about me though. LOL!
I served with Joel way back in the day and now he's retired and lives right down the street.
His boys are avid skateboarders so we're dabbling in branding boards. We have a prototype being built but we're already gonna change companies. Poor customer service kills it for me quick.
Anyway, I made them a quick Christmas card for this year.  Maybe I should add the year in there too.  
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

71charger

I swear ive seen that guy on the left I think I went to highschool with him a while back
I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, but I'm all out of bubble gum.

Fred

Here are some pics of King, the King Parrot who likes to hang out at our place a lot. He's so tame he'll sit on your shoulder or any other part of the body he deems fit.
And he talks and talks. Mind you, we can't understand a word he's saying, although we're guessing it's probably "where's my feed?"

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

mrsskip68

Wow Fred, very cool!!!! Beautiful lil guy/girl? Australia is #2 on my bucket list of trips right after Italy (Tuscany).  :2thumbs: Keep sending pics of the local habitats! Love it!!!
Lisa

Fred

Quote from: mrsskip68 on December 04, 2011, 01:51:58 AM
Wow Fred, very cool!!!! Beautiful lil guy/girl? Australia is #2 on my bucket list of trips right after Italy (Tuscany).  :2thumbs: Keep sending pics of the local habitats! Love it!!!
Lisa

It's a boy...............the girl's all green
more pics to come.
Fred

Fred

Here are some more of the fantastic birds we have the privilege to share our garden with
Lorikeets and Gang Gang (male)

p/s Tuscany.............how beautiful.

Fred

Cockatoo's and Kookaburra's

Bob T

Good pics Fred, cheers. Those Kingy's are beautiful, we used to have an Eclectus male, he was cool
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

twodko

Fred those birds are a delight to see! The Mrs and I are avid bird fans, thanks for the pictures.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Fred

Quote from: Bob T on December 04, 2011, 02:27:05 PM
Good pics Fred, cheers. Those Kingy's are beautiful, we used to have an Eclectus male, he was cool

Thanks Bob T.  The many different colour combinations of these birds never fails to amaze me.
Also how smart these birds are. They certainly know how to get our attention. I'm sure if we left a door open, they would fly right on in and make themselves at home.
So what happened to your Eclectus?
We had a male magpie sit on the kitchen window every morning (all the birds do, they take it in turns) for about 15 odd years (he'd eat out of our hands and always introduced the new family members to us every year or so) but since around july this year he stopped coming. Needless to say he won't be back and it's kind of sad, we just got so used to him.

Fred

Quote from: twodko on December 04, 2011, 08:15:45 PM
Fred those birds are a delight to see! The Mrs and I are avid bird fans, thanks for the pictures.

Glad you enjoyed them twodko, we also have a family of wedge tail eagles (4) soaring above about once a week. Sometimes they hover so low you can count their wing feathers. What magnificent birds.  My wife's favourite are the kookaburra's, just hearing them laughing and carrying on fills her with elation.
As I've already said, it's a priviledge.

mrsskip68

Thanks Fred for the pics!  :2thumbs: You are so blessed to see those creatures every day. I do have roadrunners in my yard!!! And and owl den that has been here for over 8 years. Fun to watch the babies try and fly! The moms are tuff on them! The kookaburras a totally fun. Ive worked for zoos and veterinarians for years so ive experienced all kinds of creatures.  Keep the pics coming!
Lisa

Fred

Gee Lisa, Erika (wife) and I just love the road runners. I think like most people never having seen one, we all think they are big birds as depicted in the cartoons, so imagine our surprise when we saw these little birds running along the roadside while driving in Arizona near Tombstone.   At our motel we mentioned seeing these funny little birds to another guest and were told they are road runners. We were so surprised.  They are so cute...........and little!  As for the owls..........they are beautiful birds as are most birds of prey. Sounds to me like you are blessed too.
Fred :2thumbs:
More kookaburras for you. All looking for a hand out.

skip68

Beautiful pictures Fred as always.  Thanks.   
:2thumbs:    Chuck ......... 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

mrsskip68

Besides birds, do you see any marsupials or other mammals? Would love to see pics of them. My kids are really enjoying the photos! Keep up the good work!  :2thumbs:
Lisa

twodko

Fred and Mrs. Fred

Pardon the late notice but Diane and I will be vacationing this year on your back deck!  :lol:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Fred

Quote from: twodko on December 05, 2011, 11:43:15 AM
Fred and Mrs. Fred

Pardon the late notice but Diane and I will be vacationing this year on your back deck!  :lol:

So sorry, all booked out this year but we are taking reservations for next year. The backgammon table will be set up and ready.  :cheers:

Fred

Quote from: mrsskip68 on December 05, 2011, 10:52:17 AM
Besides birds, do you see any marsupials or other mammals? Would love to see pics of them. My kids are really enjoying the photos! Keep up the good work!  :2thumbs:
Lisa

Yes Lisa, wallabies, possums and wombats but mostly they're nocturnal and a little shy so it's hard to take pics.
I did manage to take a pic of a wallaby in our neighbours backyard early one morning. And our resident echidna is very relaxed about having his photo taken.
We live about 5 mins by car from a very large reservoir, it's completely fenced in but is open daily for visitors to picnic in and it is home to literally hundreds of kangaroos.
We always take visiting relatives (from Europe) there so that they can experience our wildlife. Must get down there one day soon and take som pics for you and the kids to enjoy.
Fred

Fred

polly want a cracker!

Bob T

Quote from: Fred on December 04, 2011, 11:45:57 PM

Thanks Bob T.  The many different colour combinations of these birds never fails to amaze me.
Also how smart these birds are. They certainly know how to get our attention. I'm sure if we left a door open, they would fly right on in and make themselves at home.

I'll put something up in the pet thread, when I scan the pics
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Fred

Quote from: Bob T on December 06, 2011, 03:01:59 AM
Quote from: Fred on December 04, 2011, 11:45:57 PM

I'll put something up in the pet thread, when I scan the pics

:2thumbs:

RallyeMike

Mt. Rainier from Seattle WA at Sunrise:

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/