News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gary Baxley's GL

Started by 69RealGL, July 24, 2005, 05:09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69RealGL

Hey

Thanks Troy for the email about this site  , its good to be back    , on another note check out Gary Baxleys General Lee on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=6199&item=4564089119

It mentions one of 19 surviving   which in incorrect  there are 23 originals left  only 17  have W.B  documentation   , Gary's one isnt one of them  , it also doesnt mention it was used in the  Gladiator  .
Smith Bors sure did a great job on the restoration   .

Later

K.c 

Wakko

There are 23?  I know of the 17 or 19 that were in the back lot and then there's Lee1...where'd the rest come from?
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Dale The Bold

It's kind of arbitrary, since John Schneider's car was used in the second reunion.  Is it "real"?  I say yes, but some may disagree.  Same ith other reunion cars, since some of them had graphics that were way off.

I know of one that was found in a field.  And there's the one that was stolen and who knows where that went.  And there's a rumor of a Georgia car out there still.

Then there's a few that were repainted and used in other things (the Gary Baxley car is one of them).
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

Drache

Quote from: Dale The Bold on July 24, 2005, 03:44:02 PM
Then there's a few that were repainted and used in other things (the Gary Baxley car is one of them).

Just like Lee1 and also that one white Charger that aired on the Dukes was a repainted General too....
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Telvis

It seems like eveywhere you turn theres a General Lee. Pretty soon you will be seeing lots more. :rotz:

TruckDriver

Quote from: Telvis on July 24, 2005, 04:27:17 PM
It seems like eveywhere you turn theres a General Lee. Pretty soon you will be seeing lots more. :rotz:

I saw one drive by me yesterday morning while I was at work, and I know of another 20 miles from me near my parents. TRUE, at least it is another saved Charger, but we need more people to buy Generals and convert them back to stock looking.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Drache

What we need is one of us to make a movie about a famous Dodge Charger that someone can make copies of that isn't a GL!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

TruckDriver

Quote from: Drache on July 24, 2005, 05:58:59 PM
What we need is one of us to make a movie about a famous Dodge Charger that someone can make copies of that isn't a GL!

Well, we already have 3 of those... Bullit & Blade & Fast N Furious. But I guess there to plain and don't stand out.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Drache

Lol Bullit, Blade, and he F&F car are all black Chargers. What we need is something like Richard Petty's charger... well not that exact one but something that stands out! And no bloody number this time... they get annoying!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

JimShine

Quote from: Wakko on July 24, 2005, 10:39:25 AM
There are 23?   I know of the 17 or 19 that were in the back lot and then there's Lee1...where'd the rest come from?

There were two found at a Hollywood vehicle renter. They were converted to a few cars over the years including the "Gladiator" cars and recently into stock cars. The Smith Brothers bought the pair. One was a '68 with the WB era '69 conversion and orange paint still visable in many areas. This is one of those cars. There are supposedly 4 pre-WB survivors still in existance as well in Southern California.

Lostsheep

This is part of the write up the did on it. :2thumbs: