News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

dome light

Started by charger0740, May 01, 2007, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger0740

On my 73' when i put a light bulb in the socket the light stays on and won't go on and off with the switch on the dash...does anyone know what my problem could be?

John_Kunkel

One contact on the dome light is hot all of the time, the two door jam switches or the headlight switch provide a ground for the bulb. If the wires to either switch are grounded or the switch is defective, the light won't go out.

Did you perchance install a single contact bulb instead of a double contact bulb? If so the light will also remain on.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

CharlieCharger

Quote from: John_Kunkel on May 01, 2007, 03:45:59 PM

One contact on the dome light is hot all of the time, the two door jam switches or the headlight switch provide a ground for the bulb. If the wires to either switch are grounded or the switch is defective, the light won't go out.

Did you perchance install a single contact bulb instead of a double contact bulb? If so the light will also remain on.

Another simple thing you might want to think about, make sure the knob on the switch is rotating all the way to the termination on either side of the switch..instead of the knob only rotating hah..Dont ask its happend. :D like the previous post make sure you didnt get a single contact..
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: John_Kunkel on May 01, 2007, 03:45:59 PM

:iagree:

bulb is 1004... one filament two contacts
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html