News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where to mount Holley Blue Pump???

Started by Blakcharger440, September 13, 2005, 07:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blakcharger440

Can anyone post a pic of where they mounted their electric fuel pump at on a 68-70 Charger?

Please no comments about how loud they are.....I will not be able to hear it over the 500 cubes anyway 

MoparYoungGun

Ok, I don't have any pics but I do have a suggestion or two. I would mount it on the frame rail very close to the tank. Electric pumps work better as pushers than pullers hence why it is back by the tank. Also, I would use some sort of rubber mount to cut down on vibrations. Just a couple of suggestions. Good luck :cheers: !

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: MoparYoungGun on September 13, 2005, 07:55:07 PM
Ok, I don't have any pics but I do have a suggestion or two. I would mount it on the frame rail very close to the tank. Electric pumps work better as pushers than pullers hence why it is back by the tank. Also, I would use some sort of rubber mount to cut down on vibrations. Just a couple of suggestions. Good luck :cheers: !

:iagree:

Definitely on the tank side.
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

FastbackJon

I mounted mine up above the differential and behind it on my '68 R/T, as that was the best place I could find. I had to drill a couple holes through the trunk pan to attach it. It works pretty good now that I have the correct amperage fuse in the wiring, I think mine is 7.5 amps. Too few amps (5) and the fuse burns up. Too many amps (10) and the pump heats up quick and quits working.

I didn't realize it, but the previous owner who first put an electic fuel pump on the car didn't fuse it at all. So when I swapped in the new Holley electric pump I didn't even bother to check or add a fuse since the wiring was already there. Dumb idea.

The wiring ended up grounding out one day when it got caught near the springs that had been relocated inwards, and since it (the wiring) was tied into the ignition side of the voltage regulator (so the fuel pump comes on when the key is on), it burned up that wire back through the bulkhead connector, and inside the wiring harness behind the dash, all the way up to the ignition switch.

That was no to fun fix.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

andy74

i know that you are supposed to mount them in the back of the car, but mine was mounted on the passenger side fender well when i bought the car,and after putting 12,000 miles on her,havent had a problem yet-andy

cudaken

You said

Too few amps (5) and the fuse burns up. Too many amps (10) and the pump heats up quick and quits working?

I am confussed as normal. How often did you poop a fues? If the pumps heat's up there is something wrong with the pump. Amp 7.5 will poop sonner than a 10 amp but the 7.5 should not make it run cooler and keep it from pooping!

I am going to run 2 Blues in to a Y line. Well have a switch so I can run off either the right or the left. Used them both when I getting ready to do dumb stuff. Like go in to boost and die! ;D

Cuda Ken
I am back

Ghoste

Oh, c'mon now, Ken.  A little boost never hurt anyone. :angel: