News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dash Switches - 68-70 Charger

Started by Shakey, May 03, 2007, 09:44:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

I thought I'd share with you some photos of my restored switches for use on my '69 Charger.  I sent all five of them out for restoration.

headlight switch
wiper switch
washer switch
flasher switch
dimmer switch

I sent them to GCAR Trim in WA and I dealt with Glenn.

Here is a link to his site:

http://www.gcartrim.com/

It took some time to have them done, which is why I sent them well in advance of me needing them.  The lead-time was about 10 - 12 weeks.

They are completely rebuilt and re chromed and I think they look great.  It will be some time before I know they work properly as for now, they are stashed away with so many other parts waiting to be installed on the car.

I learned of this place from this site and I'm glad I did.  The switches that came with my car were in pretty rough shape and every time I'd see any type of chrome rocker switch in a salvage yard, I'd buy it hoping it'd better than the ones I currently had.  They all seem to be pretty rough but GCAR did a good job in making them look as good as new.

Here are some before and after photos.

Shakey

:icon_smile_cool:

Shakey

:-*

OttawaCharger

Looks like the did a nice job.  I wonder if they can fix my 3 speed wiper switch that came out in 10 pieces?  :brickwall:
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

SpudRacer

What was the cost... if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks,

Tom
Bryson City, NC
Tom
Bryson City, NC
69' Charger R/T SE Turquoise

Shakey

Glenn has the prices listed on his web site.

Ghoste

I have to tell you Shakey, I really look forward to all of the before and after pics that you post.  I know I've said it already, but I can't wait to see that car when it's finished.

Shakey

Quote from: Ghoste on May 25, 2007, 05:43:52 PM
I have to tell you Shakey, I really look forward to all of the before and after pics that you post.  I know I've said it already, but I can't wait to see that car when it's finished.

Thanks Ghoste.  I enjoy sharing photos of my progress and the vendors quality work with you folks.  I also can't wait to see this car when it's finished, maybe next summer the way things are going.  Life sure gets busier as the children start to grow.

Brock Samson

sure wish i had your (and some folks) budget and expense account...
but then again,..  i'm driving mine,.. and have been since 1984...  :icon_smile_big:  :yesnod: