News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ok, where can I actually purchase a EVAP core for a 73?

Started by WH23G3G, May 05, 2007, 04:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

This is proving to be the hardest part to find for my 73, and it's about all I'm missing too. It's the Evaporator core for the A/C system. My original one was tested and was found to be leaking from all over, and a used one I got with another plenum box was leaking the same. Several web sites, www.partsamerica.com Autozone, and Pep Boys show the Ready-Aire number 5775 still available. But since I work at a parts store I called Ready-Aire to see what the deal was and they said that number has been discontinued and when ordered from one of the retailers it would be cancelled because there is no more in Ready Aire's inventory. So that's the only brand I've seen one in. I emailed a guy a long time ago and he said he could make one just like the original but it would be made out of copper. But I can't get in touch with him. I need to put my newly painted dash frame back in before it gets scratched up and to free up some garage space, but I need to put my plenum box back in first, and I don't want to put it in without an Evaporator core. So does anyone know where I can order one and actually get it for sure? 

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: 41husk on May 09, 2007, 10:01:54 AM
I would think a radiator shop could fix yours?

:iagree:

I repaired mine at a radiator shop. was broken at the Y where dryer plugs
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

WH23G3G

I've taken two to the only radiator shop known in my area and they said because it's leaking from all over the core, they can't repair it. That was on both of them. They also said they were trash and they threw them out. So I don't know if they were lying or not, but I didn't have any reason to believe they were. Unless they knew how scarce they are.

Charger1973

Quote from: WH23G3G on May 09, 2007, 09:26:23 PM
I've taken two to the only radiator shop known in my area and they said because it's leaking from all over the core, they can't repair it. That was on both of them. They also said they were trash and they threw them out. So I don't know if they were lying or not, but I didn't have any reason to believe they were. Unless they knew how scarce they are.

THEY threw away YOUR parts?  I'd say they just bought you a new one... 

41husk

Yep I would agree, I have a used one that I think is good but I don't know if it has any leaks, if your interested.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up