News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

OK the Maine Superbird update, getting closer and the story seems to be true

Started by mikepmcs, May 05, 2007, 05:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mymcodebee

Quote from: mikepmcs on May 06, 2007, 02:10:55 PM
Thanks fellas. Glad to know it seems I have a little credibility. :icon_smile_big: (i think)

v/r
Mike

Hey Mike,
I live in Maine also and have found and chased numerous cars in the state.  I heard of these cars nearly 8 years ago. They were his father cars.  I tried to buy them last year and Steve was living in the camper in front of the brown garage. 
He said the cars have been sold out of state and I was two years to late.   
I left a little skeptical because I only asked to view them at first.   He said all of his rare stuff was gone.  He did offer to sell me a bench seat to a dart though.   Best of luck but I think we were both to late on these birds.    Little weird that you just talked to his wife though and she says he still has them as I was under the impression that his divorce was a few years back.   
Anyway the chase is half of the fun.  He is very private but I would not hesitate to simply walk up and ask him; as he is OK to talk to.  It will be a relatively short conversation but no bullets will fly.   They are still out there though.  My brother and myself just found two ragtop 70 barracudas two weeks ago and were actually for sale.  The owner had them 28 years.  They were 10 miles from my house.   
Probably would not hurt for you to dig a little deeper as I did not here of two birds leaving the state but then again I did not hear or Harry T's leaving either.   

mikepmcs

Where do you live?  I live in Readfield.  I'm not looking to bother Steve at all, I just would like to get close to a Bird if he still has one.  That would make my life complete. :icon_smile_big:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mymcodebee

Quote from: mikepmcs on May 30, 2007, 12:11:20 PM
Where do you live?  I live in Readfield.  I'm not looking to bother Steve at all, I just would like to get close to a Bird if he still has one.  That would make my life complete. :icon_smile_big:

v/r
Mike

Same here.  My goal was to see both of them in the garage. But did not seem to be an option.
How many times have we read a story where the owner tells everyone there car is gone or sold.   
I am out of Bangor area.   I just missed one out of East Machias,  Blue 440 six pack bird that was also just sold.  Anyone know the car.  Sold for 67K.   Nice driver quality.    Someone got a really good deal on that one. 
Again Mike best of luck.   

Reid

hemi-hampton

If you dont want to be bothered it's just a old ploy to say Sorry, Sold them. Then people leave you alone. If wife sez he still has them then probably does. Instead of living in a Pick Up truck he could just sell one of those Winged cars if he has 2 & Buy a house with that money & get outta that Pick up. A house with a garage & you still have a wing car to work on. Sounds good to me. LEON.

charge-it

Steve is a friend of mine and I have seen both Birds. One was Alpine white and the other was b-5 blue. I called him and he personally told me both birds have been sold and the new owner of both birds wishes to remain anonomous at this time. He did say they went somewhere in the mid-west. As far as wondering around his fathers property, I wouldn`t recommend it. His dad is a retired state trooper and I know I`d be worried about getting a bad case of lead poisoning if found trespassing on private property. Steve is no fool. He knows full well what all of his stuff is worth and if anyone thinks their going to get a deal on anything he has, they are mistaken. I`ve had a complete tour of the property and what he has would blow your mind. Out of respect for Steve`s privacy I will not comment any further about his cars or parts.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

mikepmcs

cool.  i'll let it rest then.  i know steve's dad is a trooper(ret) from my friend Pat Turner and never would i think to trespass on steve or his fathers property.  Like I said, I'm just a mopar fan and was looking to possibly see some old chrysler iron if he chose to let me.  I don't want to buy anything he has, just maybe talk a little, that was all. I'm not looking to feed his wife any info because that part is none of my business either.  I just plain wanted to meet the man and who knows maybe I could have learned something. 
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

charge-it

I`m sure he is approachable. He will probably be very cautious and suspicious about what he says to you though, considering the situation he`s in. Stop in and give it a try, you never know. If I was in your shoes I would pull in with the Charger so that he knows your just another Mopar fanatic like the rest of us.
Visit our new website:

mikepmcs

Naw, I think I will respect his privacy. If my buddy Pat sees him sometime, he will mention it and I'll go from there.  i'm not the type of person that would just stop in someone's house to ask them questions.  Be darned if you come to my house and I don't know who you are. I have a gun in every corner of my house and I don't want to but wouldn't hesitate to use it. So I think I will leave the man alone.

v/r
Mike

charge-it

Well, your welcome to stop in and visit at my place anytime. I eat, breath, burp, fart, and shit Mopar. Someday which I`m hoping is next summer, I`ll have my 68 finished and be able to cruise with some of you..
Visit our new website:

mikepmcs

thanks.   stop in anytime at Pro Menders on main st in winthrop.  I'm there every day and my 69 is usually out front.  can't miss it.  ok my 55 has been there lately but after monday my charger will be on the street again.  Then you can visit my buddy Mike Parks down the street at Park's Performance and his brother Alfy, mom and dad....they are huge Mopar freaks too.

v/r
Mike

GeneralLeeTESH

:Twocents:How about "Channeling-(with Ramtha's help)" Steve Mcqueen's help (a great car lover). He knows alot about tunneling and all... or maybe Charles Bronson for help !!! We can name the 3 tunnels Junior, Ronny and Petty instead of Tom, Dick and Harry !!!:scratchchin: :cheers: :2thumbs: :lol: :lol: :yesnod: :icon_smile_big:
The TESH