News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Progress pics - battery box

Started by plum500, May 06, 2007, 07:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plum500

Putting the battery in the trunk...

Had this stainless box bent up and welded at a local shop -- I put it together with various parts from Princess Auto, Home Depot, dollar store, rad shop, and some decals from ebay.

Just sharin some pics.

Rack

That's freakin' awesome, Plum.

Excellent work.  :devil:

devilgear

Hey hey. Very very nice work. I just bought a new optima battery and was thinking of doing something like that for the battery tray. Great work.
LATER!!!

MorePwr

I don't know, I see a couple of flaws...why don't you sell me that one and then you can try to get it perfect next time :D

plum500

Haha... thanks for the comments! I'm hoping to score an Optima to put in there as well (though I won't require the vent so much then...but all the same). I'm not 100% satisfied with how clean  the opening is around the cable/vent holes - hind sight, having 3 round holes cut (even if they overlapped) might have been neater looking. Once the stuff is in there though, and that side is going to be facing away from view...so, should be OK.

Running a positive no. 1 cable up to the front through this stuff... (1" I think...)

http://www.overheadpower.com/viewproductdesc.aspx?id=42&prodname=%20LIQUITIGHT%20FLEXIBLE%20STEEL%20CONDUIT&catid=8&cname=CONDUIT%20FITTINGS

...hehe...little paranoid of a short somewhere maybe, but it will be secure and protected :)

terrible one

VERY nice work. It's great to see that kind of craftsmanship go into your car.