News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

RT or RT/SE???

Started by stolen69, May 07, 2007, 12:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stolen69

Hi everyone. New to the board and I have a question. My dad bought a 69 brand new when he got out of the army and always told me that is was a SE. It was metallic copper, had a 383, vinyl top and had wood grain console and possibly leather? Would having a 383 qualify as an RT/SE or would it need to have a 440 or Hemi for that?

Unfortunately it was stolen in the early 80's on the one night that my dad did not put it in the garage!

Troy

It would have a 440 or Hemi if it were an R/T. You could get the SE package on anything. Sounds like a cool car though.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Brock Samson

nope it prolly was a s.e special edition the way to tell for sure is a woodgrain dash and chrome around the pedals...

welcome to the best site on the web!  ;D

PocketThunder

Quote from: Troy on May 07, 2007, 12:41:51 PM
It would have a 440 or Hemi if it were an R/T. You could get the SE package on anything. Sounds like a cool car though.

Troy

You could get a 318 SE?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

stolen69

Thanks for the quick responses. I know it had a wood grain dash. Not sure about the pedals. I was only around 6 years old when it got stolen.

If I was to get the VIN, is there a way to see if anyone might still have the car?

To this day, my dad can't watch the Dukes of Hazzard without getting upset.

Brock Samson

yeah the guys and gals here will help,.. wood grain dash does indeed mean it was an Special Edition,..
Chris 69 operates a '69 registrey and has alot of numbers...
your in the right place...  :icon_smile_big:

Chris G.

Quote from: PocketThunder on May 07, 2007, 12:53:13 PM
You could get a 318 SE?

Of course. The SE was not a perfomance package, but simply a dress up package. Probably could do the /6 SE as well, if any were built in '69. :yesnod:

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Nacho-RT74

Troy

You could get a 318 SE?

yes, even in a /6 what it fact does exist some one around, Bronze with black vinyl top as far I can recall right now
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

69charger2002

to help clarify your question. without a doubt if it was a 383 car, woodgrain dash... it was a 383 SE 69 charger. not an R/T, just a Big block SE charger. still a cool car.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: 69charger2002 on May 07, 2007, 02:02:27 PM
to help clarify your question. without a doubt if it was a 383 car, woodgrain dash... it was a 383 SE 69 charger. not an R/T, just a Big block SE charger. still a cool car.
just what I want... don't need really more than that
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Troy

Troy

You could get a 318 SE?
Who knows? Like I have any idea what you could get on a GTO clone... :P

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

stolen69

just what I want... don't need really more than that

At this point I'd take a clean 318 or 6-cyl just to get my hands on a 69. Not many around in NYC

Chris G.

Quote from: Troy on May 07, 2007, 02:13:18 PM

Troy

:rofl: Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout. :cheers: And they call me a smart azz. <---we need a hi-five smilie. I have one if you want to add it.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Chris G. on May 07, 2007, 02:17:14 PM

Troy

:rofl: Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout. :cheers: And they call me a smart azz. <---we need a hi-five smilie. I have one if you want to add it.

WTF Troy?!?!  et tu Brute?  Theres only one hater allowed on the site  :rotz:

No hi-five smilie needed....you two can do the belly five together   :girlfight:

PS----Chris, you're still a smart azz :cheers:

PSS--stolen69, if you fnd the VIN, PM me with it & I'll check it against the Database
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

472 R/T SE

You're alright Troy.  :smilielol:

PocketThunder

Troy

You could get a 318 SE?

Troy

The worlds full of starving comedians... :yesnod:

Just for the record though, there is not GTO grille in my 69  :coolgleamA:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

WheresMyCharger

383 SE, sounds like a nice car.

My first Charger was a Gold/Black top '69 SE with 318 auto on the column.Woodgrain dash,pedal dress up, leather front seats. This was in 1974. I went to the dealer and bought a 340 dual point dist. and chrome exhaust tips. Stopped at the parts store and got an Arvin dual exhaust for a '73 340 and tailpipes for a 69 440.
Have you seen my old '69 Charger??
       *XP29H9B324356*

Dodge Don

Troy

You could get a 318 SE?

Troy

Shazaaam. I felt that one all the way up here.  :icon_smile_blackeye:

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

69_500

Hey speaking od 318 SE's, I had one, with a sunroof. Always struck me as odd.

DodgeChargerNeeded

I had a 69 SE with a factory 318 so yes that combo is possible.
Jeff

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on May 07, 2007, 01:56:39 PM

Troy

You could get a 318 SE?

yes, even in a /6 what it fact does exist some one around, Bronze with black vinyl top as far I can recall right now

I think that there were a total of six 1969 Charger SE /6s built according to the info that I have.  There was one up in Washington a few years ago........
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......