News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Now that I have quarters I'm ready for change!!!

Started by IowaCharger69, May 07, 2007, 05:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IowaCharger69

HA! Get it?!? QUARTER PANELS!!! :icon_smile_big: :eyes:

Anyways... I finally have been making some progress on my super low budget resto of my 69. Last month I patched up the floors, and today I just picked it up from the body shop where it had been getting the new skins grafted on.

Before:

and

Now!:

and

During:

and

I can't believe that it's finally coming together. I know it's not the nicest resto ever, but it is better than 4 gallons of bondo and a Maaco paint job!

I may even have the body be a flat black instead of a gloss black, but have the red a little darker and VERY glossy. I think it would really make a sweet contrast and look good with the red interior I have for the car.

Thanks to everybody's' great advice and informational assisstance along theg way. You help had been invaluable. This site is truly a valuable resource!

jwilk01

:RedXShoot:

It wasn't working at work but it maybe their software.  Looks great keep it up!!

Later
Josh

IowaCharger69

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: IowaCharger69 on May 07, 2007, 05:53:48 PM

I may even have the body be a flat black instead of a gloss black, but have the red a little darker and VERY glossy. I think it would really make a sweet contrast and look good with the red interior I have for the car.

Pictures work fine for me, looks like it is coming together nicely.  Keep us updated.  I think you ought to make the stripes satin black if you're not going to do gloss black.  I think flat black will look too gray.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

IowaCharger69

I think satin would look best, but I want the body to be satin black, and just the stripes to be gloss red, the opposite/reverse of the :punkrocka: car above.

PocketThunder

Lookin good :coolgleamA:

whats wrong with maaco? :shruggy:

you get what you pay for anywhere you go.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

70charger_boy

Looking good and what's wrong with Maaco?  I might just paint my charger over there......nah j/k.  I  don't want paint on my tires

Mean 318

WOW! That look about 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.000000010101001 times better! Nice

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

IowaCharger69

an update..... >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Lost my tranny today. It was loading up fairly bad, and shifting a pretty high RPM, but I was hoping it would last until the first roll-ins around here started. Looks like it will be another summer of not driving my Charger... :icon_smile_sad: :icon_smile_sad: :icon_smile_sad:
I'm thinking of picking up a TCI, they are pretty cheap, and from what I've heard, bullet proof in a street car. What fairly inexpensive transmissions solutions would you guys suggest. I would get this one rebuilt, but from what I've heard rebuilding and installing this one could run about 1200$.

mikepmcs

Talk to Jamey(RD) on this site.  He'll get you rolling this summer for a reasonable price!

This is his profile, give him a shout, he's doing mine.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=27

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Charger1973

That sucks man...  I cant remember whats motors in your car at the moment?  Big or small block?

IowaCharger69

I'll be sure top hit that guy up and quick. Is he a fellow Iowan? Anyways, 73 my current motor is a mid 70's 400.

Charger1973

Bummer I thought it might have been a 318, I have several small block transmissions that might still be good.  I only have one spare big block tranny and im planning to keep it as a spare for my car.  Im pretty sure it would need rebuilt anyway its been sitting for 10+ years...  Anyway RD is probably your best bet, hes not from Iowa but not too far.  Kansas maybe? 

IowaCharger69

Update! Started to put the new body parts on and LOW AND BEHOLD! the passenger fender is not the correct shape :flame: 400$ and this was as close as my body shop got it. I called, they are going to "work with me" on it.

I dunno, you guy look at the pics, and tell me if you think it's the fit, or the shape. I vote shape.

If you look really close you can see that the top and bottom of the fender is as close to grille as you can get, but the middle is like an inch out. We tried flexing the hell out of it, but there is any twisting that much metal.

squeakfinder

OK, Now the pictures are not showing in your last post.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

SeattleCharger

Quote from: IowaCharger69 on May 07, 2007, 06:31:46 PM
I think satin would look best, but I want the body to be satin black, and just the stripes to be gloss red, the opposite/reverse of the :punkrocka: car above.

Did you happen to mail order the quarters?  how much were they?  where?  They look great, did you do the valance also?  I need this on my car,   
thank you,
Nate

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

IowaCharger69

I'll try to re-host pics.

I actually got the quarters thrown in when I bought the car. I am pretty suer they are the same skins that you can buy from the Paddock or Year One. My valance came with the car and is beat to hell. It's had a lot of work, and is looking like it is too tweaked to be fixed. I am going to have to buy another one.

Edit: I did say quarters but I meant "skins". Here's a link: http://yearone.com/serverfiles/fbshopmain2.asp?cat=1

IowaCharger69

It's true, and listed in "Cars for Sale". As well as additional pics to come.

BigBlockSam

think twice about a tci . there bullet proof in the street but it shifts real hard even at slow speeds. so hard that the cd player skips . great for racing.
727's are not expensive to rebuild . cost me about $400 and then i installed it myself. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

IowaCharger69

This car is for sale, and is listed in cars for sale. Additionally the fender issue has been resolved and the fender replaced, as well as the tranny rebuilt. The details are in the add. http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,32849.0.html

BigBlockSam

QuoteThis car is for sale, and is listed in cars for sale 

what happened? it sounded like you where into the car. :shruggy:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

IowaCharger69

I am still VERY into this car. I go into the details in the "cars for sale" link.