News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Christmas in May UPDATE 7/25/07

Started by srpntlair1, May 11, 2007, 11:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srpntlair1

Stuff finally coming together!!! The block got back from the machine shop today. Punched it .35 over for the 451 stroker kit. They were amazed that after 178,000 miles on the original parts it was as good as it was. just a few of the goodies will put up some before and after as it comes together

srpntlair1

A few more

srpntlair1

these are a few of the motor b4 teardown and the wiring hell i had to deal with, also after a bit of scrubbing in the engine compartment

Just 6T9 CHGR

Nice & clean!   What was the original color of the car?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

CharlieCharger

Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

41husk

nice work what color are you going with for the car?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

srpntlair1

Original color was GK6 Dark Bronze Metallic. going to custom dark blue metallic that flips from Viper Blue to Black

srpntlair1

got the crank in last nite

srpntlair1

a bit more done....almost there

skip68

Very nice.  :2thumbs:  Good work.   :notworthy:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Ricardo

srpntlair1

Thank you all I appreciate the feedback!!!   Getting closer, put the new door hinges on today and should have jambs painted and interior in by the weekend. After that it's back to the mechanic to hopefully drop it in.

Challenger340

Very Nice !

I think you'll LOVE the 451 !
Only wimps wear Bowties !

AKcharger

srpntlair1

just about done. paint is way different figure people will love it or hate it let me know what you think...

srpntlair1

oh what fun headers and a 3rd gen steering column and starter

Ricardo

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

firefighter3931

The Bullet looks sharp....nice detail work ! I like different and the color looks cool  :icon_smile_big:

What cam did you go with ?

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Charger1973

So how much fun was it trying to make it fit?  What all did you have to do to get it in there, im really curious... Also what headers are those? 

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: firefighter3931 on July 25, 2007, 11:21:03 PM
The Bullet looks sharp....nice detail work ! I like different and the color looks cool  :icon_smile_big:

What cam did you go with ?

Ron

you stolen my words LOL
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Purple440

I really like the paint, good job!  And yeah, on my '71 the steering column is basically resting on one of the header tubes...not sure what to do about that.

srpntlair1

Well, Samantha...as my wife has named her, lives!!! took her out for a hole shot just to see if all the money was worth it....WHOLLY CRAP!!!!!!! I swear to god, when I hit second on the slap stick, ( unfortunateley I held on to it rather than "slap"it) the shifter broke into 6 pieces AND IT WAS A BRAND NEW SHIFTER (wonder if it's warranteed?)   from the torque and throwing me around... GOD BLESS 440SOURCE.COM!!!!!!!!!!!

Nacho-RT74

NIIIICEE!!!!

what cam did you choose for your 451 ?
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

deputycrawford

I have to say it looks awesome. Its probably stronger and faster than mine. I do have to say that you will be sandblasting that clear coat off that intake very soon. It will turn a neat shade of gold with the heat cycles you are going to put it through. Clear coat yellows with heat. When you redo the intake, paint it aluminum color. It will resist the grease spots and gas stains but won't discolor. You have me excited to change my 383 to a bigger engine in the future. Good luck keeping tires on that thing.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.