News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is this a decent daytona clone to start with?

Started by runninhorn, May 16, 2007, 06:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

I know a stinger nose as well as you Dane , and that red Daytona is a stinger nose ! How can I tell ? By the tweaked up ends of headlight doors . I have discussed this problem with Artie @ stinger , I gave him my input , [I did fiberglass for years ] he said he would look into it . On my nose I corrected the problem , had to pack the underside with glass , so when I ground into door , I had some material . Larry

70charger_boy

Daytonaguy, thanks for the info. I had an idea that the guy was lying about not knowing if it was a matching numbers car and so on.  It's a shame you sold it for 7 grand.  It's amazing how much the prices went up

Daytona Guy

Ya, That (white vinyl top) car was bought by a couple on the coast of Oregon. It was a 1 owner and was # matching 318 car when I bought it for 1700.00 in 1996. Now it has a 440 in it.

I made that nose from scratch and formed it my self then made a 1 piece mold of it (as seen on top of the car). The mold warped and I chucked it. That is not a Stinger nose or light doors – The light doors on this car now (the one with the white vynle top) are someone's own concoction.

daytonalo

PocketThunder

Holy Crap DaytonaGuy  :o

You've been doing this for a long time.. :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Daytona Guy

Quote from: PocketThunder on May 24, 2007, 11:49:13 AM
Holy Crap DaytonaGuy  :o

You've been doing this for a long time.. :yesnod:

Here is when I got started back in 1980 when I was a Jr. in high school.

Here are all 9 of the Daytona's that we have made...

NYCMille

daytonalo - PM SENT... please get back to me when you can.

516-382-4131

daytonalo

Hey Dane , was the white one yours ????If so we have a lot in common , we both had a Glaspar G-3 for our first boat !!!!!!

Daytona Guy

Quote from: daytonalo on June 01, 2007, 09:00:48 AM
Hey Dane , was the white one yours ????If so we have a lot in common , we both had a Glaspar G-3 for our first boat !!!!!!

Good eye - I got that boat and made it a Daytona boat. I added the pointed nose and wing - I had a ball with that. I did not know that that boat would be a classic boat. There is a whole bulletin board for just the G3. I posted on it but I do not think they liked what I did to it.

daytonalo