News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is this a decent daytona clone to start with?

Started by runninhorn, May 16, 2007, 06:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runninhorn

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180117947388

Looking for a good clone daytona to start with to tweak, (ie- 528 crate hemi)

What are your thoughts on this car?

runninhorn

wow, and it's actually a 1968 car........hmmm.........why not start with a 69? ???

runninhorn

how hard would it be to fix the rear window to a daytona correct plug?

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

runninhorn

terrible one

It shouldn't be any harder than doing it to any other car. There are lots of threads about that here if you do a search.

daytonalo

I have a Daytona clone that basically needs paint and interior installed . It comes with a 472 alum head hemi , 4 speed . It has a fiberglass nose with operational headlights , ans a window plug . 50 k takes it . Getting out of hobby !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigBlockSam

Quotesam is all you do eat popcorn? 

i'm hungry .
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

70charger_boy

That car has been on the ebay circuit way too many times.

69_500

Did I read that right your getting out of the hobby daytonalo?

daytonalo

I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF ABUSE , MEAN SPIRTED RESPONSE AND DOWN RIGHT HURTFULL THINGS MANY OF YOU HAVE BEEN SAYING ABOUT ME .  MY MAMA SAYS A BIG BOY NOW THAT I DON'T HAVE TO RIDE THE SHORT BUS !!!!!!!!!! WHO ELSE WILL MAKE YOU GUYS LAUGH ?????????? TRUTH BE TOLD , I THINK WE HAVE A GREAT GROUP , AND WE ALL BRING SOMETHING DIFFERENT TO THE TABLE . I THINK WE NEED TO SCHEDULE A MEETING , BUT MAYBE THAT MIGHT NOT BE A GOOD IDEA , I HAVE RECEIVED DEATH THREATS !!!!SORRY I HAVE TO GO POOPY , BYE ,BYE .  LARRY O  :icon_smile_big:

70charger_boy

62 Max

Quote from: daytonalo on May 18, 2007, 08:51:50 PM
I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF ABUSE , MEAN SPIRTED RESPONSE AND DOWN RIGHT HURTFULL THINGS MANY OF YOU HAVE BEEN SAYING ABOUT ME .  MY MAMA SAYS A BIG BOY NOW THAT I DON'T HAVE TO RIDE THE SHORT BUS !!!!!!!!!! WHO ELSE WILL MAKE YOU GUYS LAUGH ?????????? TRUTH BE TOLD , I THINK WE HAVE A GREAT GROUP , AND WE ALL BRING SOMETHING DIFFERENT TO THE TABLE . I THINK WE NEED TO SCHEDULE A MEETING , BUT MAYBE THAT MIGHT NOT BE A GOOD IDEA , I HAVE RECEIVED DEATH THREATS !!!!SORRY I HAVE TO GO POOPY , BYE ,BYE .  LARRY O  :icon_smile_big:

Larry,you forgot the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_smile_big:

daytonalo

Sorry , I was teared up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_smile_big:

Magnumcharger

Quote from: runninhorn on May 16, 2007, 06:36:49 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180117947388

Looking for a good clone daytona to start with to tweak, (ie- 528 crate hemi)

What are your thoughts on this car?

I'd say whoever installed those quarters was on crack.
Follow the line of the bottom of the rocker panel to the rear wheel opening. Am I the only one who sees this?
Just this one GLARING problem would lead me to look for a whole lot more!!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

69_500

I'll agree with you in the aspect that I think that everyone in this aero topic sections brings a different importance to the table. Nothing that I've seen has been said worth leaving a hobby over. Then again I don't see what people PM you, or email you, or telephone you about. None of my business really. So i'm assuming that whatever your refering to came from another source than on here. which is like most of the world, you can't please everybody, and there really isn't any real need to even try. Because no matter what you do or say, there is going to be someone somewhere out there that either doesn't like it, or doesn't agree.

runninhorn

Quote from: daytonalo on May 20, 2007, 09:16:45 AM
Sorry , I was teared up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_smile_big:

are you selling your car? I PMed you about pics of it since im interested, but never heard back from you. please email me if you are.

uthustler@yahoo.com

MICK TINGLEHOFF

Ya it looks like Stevie Wonder did some work on the quarters. :icon_smile_cool: Those wheelwells look somewhat flared out look at the body lines along the rocker before the rear wheel :hah:

69charger2002

i was about to buy this car a couple weeks ago before it went back on ebay. i was high bidder. i got some frame rail shots. sadly the car was from massachusetts and has frame caps on it that repaired some frame rot. that is the single reason i didn't get it just to have a driver
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Magnumcharger

Quote from: 69charger2002 on May 20, 2007, 10:18:07 PM
i was about to buy this car a couple weeks ago before it went back on ebay. i was high bidder. i got some frame rail shots. sadly the car was from massachusetts and has frame caps on it that repaired some frame rot. that is the single reason i didn't get it just to have a driver
trav

There you have it!
The quarters are only the obvious problem with this car. The frame rails are the true problem.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

BigBlockSam

no plug no working lights . seems like everybody takes the easy way out . then they want big bucks for it .
i wonder what an accurate  daytona clone will sell for . maybe $50000  :RantExplode:

70charger_boy

I don't think that 25 grand is high for that clone.  I wouldn't care about the headlights or window plug.  Who needs to drive in the dark?  Nobody will see you, but they'll hear you coming from a couple miles away :coolgleamA:

Daytona Guy

Quote from: 70charger_boy on May 22, 2007, 11:12:09 AM
hey runninhorn, how about this one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Daytona-clone-440-automatic_W0QQitemZ250117583610QQihZ015QQcategoryZ6210QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I sold that car 8 years ago. I fixed it up temporarily just to have some fun. Never made it show worthy. I then went through a divorce and had to sell it and I never finished it (rear plug – good nose) so I sold it for 7,000.00. It was a nice car but it needed the quarters replaced down below – so most of that car in the back is glass so it will never rust again  ;). I cannot believe how well it has held up – I never meant it to last that long.

I cannot believe they put a white vinyl top on it. There is nothing true about what is said about that car on E-Bay. It was an air car - They put the 70 front side markers back on - It was a 318 500 - I changed it over to front disks - I still have the vin #. I made an insert for the missing lower front valance - I did not do a good job on that.  ;D  I used a hideous front grill that someone made for me.

BigBlockSam

QuoteI don't think that 25 grand is high for that clone.   

i agree $25000 not bad for that car but it hasn't hit the reserve yet . i bet he wants alot more . Rene