News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another new 69-70 body part

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, May 28, 2007, 04:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

charger_mike75

Thats great.... now if someone would make some  freakin front fenders all would be right with the world   :icon_smile_big:

palindromes

Wow, I only wish they had them 2 years ago.   Looks like they should fit '68 as well(?)

Pic is from my '68 a while back

hemi-hampton

I think thats the same place that said they may be working on Charger 1/4's next, Said they'd be less then Hardcores $2,300 each & when asked how much never answered & dissappeared :rotz:  Not a good sign,  :RantExplode: We'll see? :scratchchin:

charger_mike75

well i think we need more 1/4 panels on the market like we need another hole in our heads

gtx6970

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on May 28, 2007, 04:51:46 AM
Just found these on eBay.....not sure if its been posted before

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/69-70-Dodge-Charger-Trunk-Lock-Support-Mopar-1969-1970_W0QQitemZ150125731250QQihZ005QQcategoryZ34204QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

69-70 Dodge Charger Trunk Lock Support Mopar

I held these in my hand over the weekend ,( i was offered to become a dealer )  along with the 69-70 charger tailpanel. and both looked great, I can't speak for fit quality obviously but overall I was pleased .Both are much needed parts

runningman

Quote from: gtx6970 on May 29, 2007, 08:27:38 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on May 28, 2007, 04:51:46 AM
Just found these on eBay.....not sure if its been posted before

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/69-70-Dodge-Charger-Trunk-Lock-Support-Mopar-1969-1970_W0QQitemZ150125731250QQihZ005QQcategoryZ34204QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

69-70 Dodge Charger Trunk Lock Support Mopar

Bill, would these not be correct for a 68??  Matt

I held these in my hand over the weekend ,( i was offered to become a dealer )  along with the 69-70 charger tailpanel. and both looked great, I can't speak for fit quality obviously but overall I was pleased .Both are much needed parts

OttawaCharger

Quote from: runningman on May 29, 2007, 08:45:41 PM

Bill, would these not be correct for a 68??  Matt

It looks the same as the 68 to me It's odd that they'd exclude 68 in their description  ???
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

runningman

It looks like mega parts is selling that piece and their description states 68-70 charger

chicken-deluxe

very cool!   Coulda used one about 6 mos ago!   CCK

hemi-hampton

Chargermike75, So your saying you'd like to pay $2,300 each or $4,600 for 2 Charger 1/4 panels in aftermarket, not NOS. I'd rather pay $600 each myself. LEON.

megaparts

Quote from: runningman on May 29, 2007, 09:19:22 PM
It looks like mega parts is selling that piece and their description states 68-70 charger
I listed them as 1968-70, but that was a mistake. I went by my invoice for the parts as they listed them on the invoice 68-70, but they are advertising them as 1969-70. The 1968 has a different part # in the Mopar parts books and If you look at the picture of the repro and the picture of the 1968 one that was posted you can see they are different. The bend where it meets the tail light panel is different and it is also different at the bottom. The comparision of the pictures also makes the 69-70 look taller, but that could be a difference in how the pictures were taken.
I must have been on the phone with the owner of the company for 30 + minutes. Many new and great parts will be coming.
Hemi-Hampton On their quarters they do not know any pricing or when they will be available. And that is what he said in the post he answered to the best of his knowledge.  Once they get closer and get the samples test fitted I am sure they will release info on an expected date and pricing, but that could be a while yet. Also on the quarters I would expect the price to be more then the Challenger quarters as I would expect the tooling for the Charger quarters to be a lot more complex with the sail panel and such.
Look for many new items from this company this year! If the fit quality is anything as the construction quality they will be making the very best available reproduction sheetmetal. I was told everything has been test fitted and that a few samples were coming in soon to test fit so lets hope it goes well as in a month or so more new items will be out. I was told that they will be making some parts currently available, but they plan to do them better so they fit properly.

Charger_Fan

Thanks for posting some info, Megaparts. For me, the availability of these parts is just about right. :thumbs: You've got a future customer here. :)

One question I feel I need to ask though, is are these USA made parts?
I also noticed that Auto Metal Direct in Georgia seems to have the same parts available, for the same price. Are you both distributors, or is one of you the manufacturer?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

hemi-hampton

I think I was thinking of that Auto Metal Direct, Yeah,are their 2 different places producing these Charger Parts in the same state? All I know is some guy in Georgia said they would be producing Charger 1/4 panels & that $2,300 (hardcores price) was insane & there's would be much less. How much less they dont know yet? When? They dont know yet. LEON.

megaparts

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on June 02, 2007, 03:51:36 PM
Thanks for posting some info, Megaparts. For me, the availability of these parts is just about right. :thumbs: You've got a future customer here. :)

I also noticed that Auto Metal Direct in Georgia seems to have the same parts available, for the same price. Are you both distributors, or is one of you the manufacturer?
Auto Metal Direct is the place having them made. We are just a distributor for them. These pieces are made overseas. I was e-mailed friday that the trunk gutters for 1968-70 Charger are now available so I will have to get another order out to them.

resq302

Good to hear that someone is making parts for our cars that are prone to rust and replacement.    :2thumbs:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

runningman

Quote from: megaparts on June 04, 2007, 10:28:20 PM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on June 02, 2007, 03:51:36 PM

Auto Metal Direct is the place having them made. We are just a distributor for them. These pieces are made overseas. I was e-mailed friday that the trunk gutters for 1968-70 Charger are now available so I will have to get another order out to them.

Will the trunk lock support fit a 68 and just not be totally correct?  I need those trunk gutter pieces as well.  When do you think you will have those available?  thanks  matt

The70RT

You would think that piece would be one of the last ones someone would need. ??? I could think of other pieces that would be higher in demand.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Charger_Fan

Quote from: The70RT on June 06, 2007, 09:11:53 PM
You would think that piece would be one of the last ones someone would need. ??? I could think of other pieces that would be higher in demand.
Speak for yourself.  :nana:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

The70RT

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on June 07, 2007, 01:18:19 PM
Quote from: The70RT on June 06, 2007, 09:11:53 PM
Speak for yourself.  :nana:

Whooooops.....sorry. You gonna need more than that piece for the piece. Hey thats not yours anyway :nana:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

charger_mike75

Re: Another new 69-70 body part
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 11:25:23 PM »
Chargermike75, So your saying you'd like to pay $2,300 each or $4,600 for 2 Charger 1/4 panels in aftermarket, not NOS. I'd rather pay $600 each myself. LEON.
  No, what I was saying was you can get quarter panels all day long, I just wish there was other body parts available in the aftermarket. i.e. front fenders, grills.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: charger_mike75 on May 28, 2007, 04:54:27 AM
Thats great.... now if someone would make some  freakin front fenders all would be right with the world   :icon_smile_big:

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

I NEED A FRICKIN' LEFT FENDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_smile_big:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

charger_mike75

gasoline_24

Fenders are coming in January for $590 each.  At least 68-69.

squeakfinder

Quote from: charger_mike75 on November 02, 2007, 02:00:26 PM

Re: Another new 69-70 body part
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 11:25:23 PM »
  No, what I was saying was you can get quarter panels all day long, I just wish there was other body parts available in the aftermarket. i.e. front fenders, grills.

I think we are talking about full quarter's that go up to the sail panel seam like the ones that AMD is supposed to be working on. Not those half a$$ skins.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....