News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Free Daytona & Superbird Parts Score!!

Started by Old Moparz, September 16, 2005, 09:40:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

Yeah, now that I have your attention, here's my rant. I'm seeing a problem that's becoming a Hatfield-McCoy feud in the winged sector.

You know, people are going to have preferences, they're going to have friends, they're going to be decent, they're also going to be A-holes. (I'm sure I've been all of the above without a doubt.) It's part of society & it isn't going away. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, but with all the experience many of the people coming on here have at building wing cars, & the knowledge they can share, why not save the name calling & bad mouthing? If competitors (& friends of theirs) are making a product & have a beef with the competition, then keep it professional or you risk giving the impression of looking like the exact thing you are complaining about.

If a few potential customers, like myself, witness this on a public forum, you know what? I question the customer service & I'm going elsewhere. It's not like there's a whole s**tload of people lining up to build wing cars. It's an extremely limited market with an extremely low number of buyers. These aren't TV's that a lot of people would loot to have. I have a lot of respect for the work many have done on cars, the info they have stored in their heads from having done these cars too. I've met a few at shows, dealt with some good people on this forum, & look forward to meeting more.

No soap box, no preaching, no worries. I don't really care & won't lose sleep over this, but I thought it would be pretty cool to have a wealth of info shared by everyone.   :cheers:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

purple70rt

Yeah, I'll take a wing for my 70 plymouth.......

Khyron

I head what your saying, so I might as well put another pet peeve of mine in here.

I seen to have noticed a lot of stuck up snobs at car shows. You go and look at their car and get a nose in the air.... and i'm sad to say, this is a majority of Moapr owners.
There is a car club in the area that I wanted to make contact with, however, i'm extreamly turned off by it's members attitudes. <I know they ar members due to the sticker in these mapars windows.

i'm sure a few of this groups members are here, so I want to say "this is a few bad apples" I know the cars that these "Bad apples own" but will not post it up here. i'm not pointing fingers, If it's your car, you know who you are.

With the first post here, yes, acting like a compleate dick will ruin your companys reputation, well, same goes for a car club.

So I say, lighten up and don't be a ass, we're all in it for the love of the cars, not our ego.

BTW: to the guy who turned up his nose at me on the last car show. You cars body is orange peeled and looks like shit.... so  :nutkick: right back at ya.

[/rant]

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Shakey

I recall a thread on the old site that a yonger fella started (honestly can't remember who) and he stated something along the lines that Khyron mentioned, a lot of Mopar guys can be dicks.  This ruffled quite a few feathers on the site and some of the posts had to be edited by the moderators.  I do recall who got upset and I found it surprising.  Go lurk around Moparts for a while and you'll see what I mean.  While the fact may be true, some Mopar guys can be dicks, I am sure that there are just as many GM & FoMoCo guys that act the same way.

I have also witnessed a few Mopar dicks in action and will be quite happy owning and enjoying my Mopar without having to be part of a club.  I would be more than happy to tell anyone about my car without hiding the fact that it is not perfect.  If someone would like to point out imperfections or incorrect paint or fasteners, so be it.  A simple response would be "why don't you tell me something I don't know".

With regards to the ongoing dispute here at DC-com and the clone vendors, makes me think about what I have learned over the years.  One of the things a good salesperson never does is bash their competition.  Leave them right out of the equation and focus on your product.  If your potential customer inquires about your competitor's products, it is an open invitation to tell them more about the features and benefits of your own.  As a consumer, I would figure that if a potential vendor went to great lengths to put down his/her competitor I immediately think that there is a chance the other product could be superior as the salesperson is insecure about their own products.

I don't plan on building a Daytona or Superbird clone and if I did, I would be doing my own homework as to where I would buy my parts.  If I saw what I have seen here in the past few weeks, I would be very hesitant on using either one of these companies.

BigBlockSam

Quote  if I did, I would be doing my own homework        
:iagree:

i've been researching companies and learning all i can about wing cars for years. i jioned winged warriors yrs ago. cause i knew i wanted to build a wing car and knowledge is the key to happiness. or at least a bitchen wing car.     :METAL:     Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Old Moparz

Quote from: Shakey on September 16, 2005, 01:37:10 PM

With regards to the ongoing dispute here at DC-com and the clone vendors, makes me think about what I have learned over the years.   One of the things a good salesperson never does is bash their competition.   Leave them right out of the equation and focus on your product.   If your potential customer inquires about your competitor's products, it is an open invitation to tell them more about the features and benefits of your own.   As a consumer, I would figure that if a potential vendor went to great lengths to put down his/her competitor I immediately think that there is a chance the other product could be superior as the salesperson is insecure about their own products.

I don't plan on building a Daytona or Superbird clone and if I did, I would be doing my own homework as to where I would buy my parts.   If I saw what I have seen here in the past few weeks, I would be very hesitant on using either one of these companies.

Very good point. I had worked for an engineering firm at one time that is now out of business for the same reasons. The company was classified as a "DBE" (Disadvantaged Business Enterprise) & was almost guaranteed work on a regular basis. Instead of concentrating on promoting the firm based on how good the work we did was, the owner found it better to put down competing firms on bids we were preparing to other consulting firms & contractors. These companies eventually stopped asking us for quotes & work slowly & steadily disappeared. Everyone I had worked with moved on to other jobs & the company went under.

I hope a few more people who feel the same way might add something here so it might open a few eyes as to how much more damaging it can be than helpful. I think there is room for a few manufacturers based on location & preferences.
               Bob                

Khyron

Quote from: Shakey on September 16, 2005, 01:37:10 PM
, I am sure that there are just as many GM & FoMoCo guys that act the same way.

you're right, but we expect that ;) I wasn't trying to get people mad. BUT I think i've been here long enough to get a few digs in :D

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Charger_Fan

I agree with the general consensus here...regarding the thread topic. Bashing one's competition doesn't say much about one's self.
Hopefully some of those "one's" will realize this & do a little self-reflection. After all, it's the enthusiasts (here & elsewhere) who keep these guys a notch or two above the average do-it-yourselfer with good talent.

Personally, I was quite pleased to see the names show up here that I'd only read about in magazines...but as the mud slinging ensued, I was less pleased by each passing post. I am fully aware that these guys are (mainly) guys like you & me, but their swelled heads seem to be floating them away them in a direction without much steering contol...bumping into each other as they go.

In a nutshell, the name calling & displays of over-inflated egos does nothing more than diminish the good things that are being done for the hobby. I'm in it for the cars folks, not for the guys who think they're "all that".

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

472 R/T SE

Has it started snowing already?  I thought winter was still a few months out. :devil: :P

Charger_Fan

Mike, does it ever really snow at your house?...or do you just watch the weather channel? :slap: :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Andrew

You got me all excited anout superbird & daytona parts, but then you crushed all my hopes and dreams.

Happy now?

472 R/T SE

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on September 17, 2005, 09:06:16 PM
Mike, does it ever really snow at your house?...or do you just watch the weather channel? :slap: :lol:

"SNOW BLOWS"

Old Moparz

Quote from: andrew on September 17, 2005, 11:09:37 PM
You got me all excited anout superbird & daytona parts, but then you crushed all my hopes and dreams.

Happy now?

I'm always happy.  :icon_smile_big:
               Bob                

RD

i am not sure why this thread was started due to the fact that I am unaware of the threads that are in question.  If you could pm me with a link to those threads it would be much appreciated (anyone).
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Shakey

Quote from: RD on September 20, 2005, 10:24:36 AM
i am not sure why this thread was started due to the fact that I am unaware of the threads that are in question. ? If you could pm me with a link to those threads it would be much appreciated (anyone).

Take a look at these!

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,1955.0.html

**Link Removed**

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,2935.0.html

That should keep you busy for a while and bring you up to speed on all of the bullshit goin' on here!

There might be more, just look for the lock icon!  ;D

RD

thanks shakey, got the lowdown now.  sad to see moparts soap operas trying to emanate away from their roost onto such a noble and honorable site as this :D 
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

hotrod98

The strangest part is where the daytona clone guys are being blamed for the problems simply by posting about our interest in building daytona clones. Why is it our fault? Our cars are still Chargers. In fact, some of the cars that we're converting are pretty nice cars. Although mine is in primer right now and is wearing some of those ancient 14" slotted aluminum wheels, it's an R/T SE triple black car. I just happen to want to go one step further with the wing car thing. I don't think that any of us (cloners) have any intention of causing trouble, certainly not me. We love our chargers and are happy to be able to use this forum to educate one another about anything related to Daytonas. If someone wants to share their experience with slow vendors, they have that right. I want to know what I'm up against when I decide to order the rest of the parts needed for my project. I'll then take up the issue with that supplier personally.
However, some people go off of the deep end and take it way beyond the point necessary. There's no need for bad-mouthing anyone. I don't have a clue as to why it takes so long to get parts. Maybe this is a sideline business for them (they're not getting rich doing this), maybe they don't want to hire outside help (don't blame them), or maybe they are just a little burned out (I can understand that). Bottom line is...give honest info regarding your personal experiences with a vendor and leave it at that. I'm a big boy now...I'll take it from there.
Proud to be a cloner. :icon_smile_big:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams