News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

grille silver paint..... what areas????

Started by resq302, May 31, 2007, 07:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

After doing a search and finding lots of info on restoring a 69 charger grille, I did not find an answer to if the outer flat edge of the flat 1/4" (approx) strip that goes around from the headlight door in towards the center of the I piece should be painted silver like the angled 1/4" piece or semi flat black like the rest of the grille.  Any help would be appreciated as I am restoring this grille to be put into my charger to replace the one that has the two corner pieces broken off on mine.

Thanks.

Brian
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Mike DC

Every original grille I've seen has the silver paint on just the angled (forward-facing) part, and not the outer side.  The rest was plain black plastic.