News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Blinker Cancel not working

Started by LargerCharger383, June 06, 2007, 02:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LargerCharger383

I bought my car with an aftermarket steering wheel, and recently replaced it with a stock one, but when I did, the blinkers stopped cancelling.  I found a picture of the back of another stock steerin wheel and see the piece that's missing on min, it's a small circular thing with two nubs that do the job. I'm wondering whether this part is available, what it's called, or if it's part of the frame, I can't tell...  ???

Silver R/T

a problem with your cancel cam, possibly need new one
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger1973

Quote from: Silver R/T on June 06, 2007, 11:21:19 PM
a problem with your cancel cam, possibly need new one

Thats what it sounds like to me too. 

tecmopar

Turn signal cancellation cam.

BrianShaughnessy

I just attempted to fix mine with one of those $10 motormite turn signal cam repair kit deals when I changed my wheel last week.

If somebody has successfully used this crap please let me know... because I ended up stuck without any brake lights or turn signals after I actually tried it.

I'm waiting on the brown truck to drop off the new complete repro switch.      YO sells a new mopar switch but apparently it's made of gold since it's twice the price of the repro.   
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Bandit4142

I also installed a new Grant wheel, lost signal cancel, and then installed a new Motormite kit...   First the Motormite Cam kit is a P.O.S...  no other way to describe it.   This also didn't fix my cancellation issue either.   I discovered there is a small metal ring that needed to be removed from the factory steering wheel and reused in the Grant kit.  I installed the missing ring, and the signal cancel worked for about..... one drive to work (3 blocks).   All I can guess is the metal ring slipped out of position or something, but I haven't tore it back apart to see yet.   When I take it apart, I'll take a pic of the ring and show everyone what I'm talking about.  Its basically a small ring that has a "ear" on it that trips the cam for the signal cancel to work.   All I can figure is that the ear has slipped out of position at the moment.   
1969 Charger - 383 mag auto - Sold and sorely missed.
1970 Charger R/T - 440 mag - sold
1969 Super Bee - 383 mag auto - sold
1969 Cornet R/T - 383 mag 4 spd - sold

Nacho-RT74

My tuff wheel adaptor does have a snap ring with an extended arm that meets with cancel cam to make it works... maybe that's your problem ?
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

BrianShaughnessy

I replaced the whole switch and harness last nite.   Didn't  go anywhere yet tho.   I know my turn signals work again and so do my brake lights.

Gotta pull the wheel and take apart the colmn far enough to get  to the wiring.    Then since I don't the proper tool to remove the leads from the connector housing that has to be saved and reused... well I cut the harness and hacked up the old terminals to free them from the connector.

So... a couple hours more or less and $70 for the repro switch deal.   ::)

BrianShaughnessy

Update...  went for a ride... works good.  :2thumbs:

Ebay auction for the switch I got (67-69 style) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=270124224987