News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

LIVE Broadcast of the '57 Belvedere!*Update*Winner Found

Started by Skued, June 11, 2007, 07:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skued

Here you go gang a live broadcast  and webcast this Friday of the buried car.  :2thumbs:
http://kotv.com/special/buried-car/ kotv.com
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

70charger_boy

472 R/T SE

Right on, thanks.  *Right click, bookmarked*

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Skued

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Skued

Lee01

Current ride:
2012 Boss 302 YB #0664
2018 WRX
2018 Crosstrek
2004 SRT-4
WTB 68-69 Charger

Charger1973

Quote from: Skued on June 13, 2007, 11:24:28 AM
Bad news water up to the fenders.
http://kotv.com/news/topstory/?id=129390

Yep thats about what I figured it would look like.  Bummer. 

70charger_boy

Shakey

Who's is hosting the event, Geraldo Riviera?    :pity:

dodgecharger-fan

Froms the lines on the sides of the vault it looks like water has been at all different levels - including completely full.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Shakey on June 13, 2007, 11:33:09 AM
Who's is hosting the event, Geraldo Riviera?    :pity:

No, if it was Jerry Rivers they would not have found anything in the vault...  :eek2:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

1BAD68

Dang! That looks like it was full of water at one point or the excavators are dropping a lot of debri on top of the car.
:'(

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Charger1973 on June 13, 2007, 11:30:16 AM
Quote from: Skued on June 13, 2007, 11:24:28 AM
Bad news water up to the fenders.
http://kotv.com/news/topstory/?id=129390

Yep thats about what I figured it would look like.  Bummer. 

Is it just me or does the roof & A pillar look bent? :shruggy:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

41husk

Wasn't the thing covered with cosmoline then wrapped in plastic befor ir's burial?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Aero426

Charger_Fan

Woops, I didn't see this thread before I bumped the other one. :brickwall:

That's such a sad sight. :'( Thanks for the updates, Skued. :)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

bull

Well, hopefully the cosmoline did a good job of preserving the metal. I wouldn't hold out much hope for anything made of vinyl, plastic or foam if it's been under water for any length of time but the metal might be intact. Was the plastic itself sealed or was it just laying over the top of the car?

Skued

I am still excited to see it Friday night. 
According to the noon news their still holding out hope that the three layers protected it.  It's been raining since about 11:00.  They've covered the car with a tent deal and are still pumping muck out.  Organizers are going down in the vault this afternoon to check things out.  Wait and see.

pettyfan43

Kinda funny how you can pull for a 50 year old car to come out OK Huh? Hopefully it was sealed pretty well against the water. But those things were prone to rust pretty bad anyway.

MichaelRW

If that car has been sitting in water for years and is all rusted out, it will probably be on the Hplag lot by next week.  :D
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: MichaelRW on June 13, 2007, 03:46:35 PM
If that car has been sitting in water for years and is all rusted out, it will probably be on the Hplag lot by next week.  :D
ooh i doubt its that rusty!! plus they would not be able to make up some lame bs story about it. that car is way to legit for them .
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

TUFCAT

It might bend (....or break in half) when they try to lift it out.  To me, its like looking at a shipwreck. Sad, very sad.    :icon_smile_angry:

JR

Those pics remind me of Back to the Future pt 3 where they dig the Delorean out of a mine after  80 years.

i cant wait to see what it looks like under the plastic.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

IowaCharger69

A SUPER GREAT FATHER AND SON PROJECT! LITTLE TO NO MILES! MOTOR IN GREAT ORIGINAL CONDITION! ALL THE BAD METAL HAS BEEN WASHED AWAY AND IS READY FOR NEW PANELS! ALL WE NEED IS YOU SOUL AND 24,999$$$!!!

-HLPAG