News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

LIVE Broadcast of the '57 Belvedere!*Update*Winner Found

Started by Skued, June 11, 2007, 07:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 13, 2007, 04:16:53 PM
It might bend (....or break in half) when they try to lift it out.  To me, its like looking at a shipwreck. Sad, very sad.    :icon_smile_angry:

There's some sort of base underneath it that they used to lift it into place. They'll use it to lift it out if it's in good shape. If not, I read something that they have another - just in case - but I didn't get the jist of how they would get it under the car....

70charginglizard

You would have thought that they would have put together some kind of drain to get the water out.

oh well. too late now.

what a bummer
70charginglizard

Mike DC

I think the water wasn't supposed to get IN, so they wouldn't have needed a drain.  It was intended to be a 100% sealed bunker.

-------------------------------------------------------

In light of how effectively the Oklahoma groundwater compromised the best "bunkering" technology of 1957 . . . anybody else glad we didn't ever get into that Nuclear war with Russia?

RallyeMike

Cosmoline and big ol baggie wont stop water for 50 years. This is going to be ugly.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Ghoste

:eek2: Probably not as bad as whatever died under my deck but it's going to have it's own special funk that's for sure.

BigBlackDodge

The only hope now is that there was very little oxygen down there................no oxygen, no rust.

Not sure how many saw the russian WWII tank that was pulled out from a swamp/bog a few years back but it was in fantastic shape for being buried for so long..............no oxygen in the swamp bog preserved it quit well.

Methinks though it's in terrible shape............. :-\

BBD

jasonfromIKILLYA

If I was Chrysler, I would be standing by to give the winning family a new car.  great PR opportunity here....
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

Charger_Fan

Any bets they find Jimmy Hoffa in the trunk? :D

*EDIT* Damn, Charger boy beat me to it in the other thread. Great minds think alike? :smilielol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

PocketThunder

Any way to combined these thread or lock one of them?   Or i guess they will both fall by the wayside after tomorrow..  nevermind.. :popcrn:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

SRT-440

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

70charger_boy

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on June 14, 2007, 10:16:13 AM
Any bets they find Jimmy Hoffa in the trunk? :D

*EDIT* Damn, Charger boy beat me to it in the other thread. Great minds think alike? :smilielol:

Cheers to great minds :cheers:

Skued

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Skued

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

bordin34

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

70charger_boy

I think that the car will look real good...but then again it could be real bad

Charger_Fan

Ya know what...regardless of what shape this car is in, I think this whole event is just plain cool. Being able to take a page from history like this is pretty neat. I wish I were there in person.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

1BAD68

definately a leaky bag, so the interior is shot, motor is probably stuck but I'm still thinking it will be rust free due to no oxygen in the vault.

Lee01

????Hot rod builder Boyd Coddington from cable's "American Hot Rod" came to Tulsa to take a look. He will get a chance to clean up the car between the Friday unearthing at noon, and our live special Friday night at 7.???
Current ride:
2012 Boss 302 YB #0664
2018 WRX
2018 Crosstrek
2004 SRT-4
WTB 68-69 Charger

1carcrazyguy

Quote from: 1BAD68 on June 14, 2007, 07:05:56 PM
motor is probably stuck but I'm still thinking it will be rust free due to no oxygen in the vault.

Water is part oxygen.  So if what got in there, so did air-oxygen.   The said the car was coated in a chemical before it was lowered to preserve metal in the event of moisture.  But I think the moisture they prepared the car for was more just condensation, not submerged in water. :brickwall: :brickwall:   

Like mentioned above. It would be really great time for Dodge to step in and give away a new car :2thumbs:  Pluse donate another to be "re-sealed for another 50 years!!  Redo the vault to todays standards and lets see what the next car looks like in 50 years!!  :2thumbs:     

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 1BAD68 on June 14, 2007, 07:05:56 PM
definately a leaky bag, so the interior is shot, motor is probably stuck but I'm still thinking it will be rust free due to no oxygen in the vault.

I'm thinkin' there was oxygen in there. Looking at all the different water level lines on the side of the cement...where there wasn't water, there was air.
Still, even the little peek through the tear at the left rear, it seems to be in better shape that I assumed yesterday. Hopefully it's at least in restoreable condition. :)

70charger_boy

Think of all the worms and maggots in the engine.  Gives new meaning to engine sludge