News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

***UPDATED*** Let's pick a name! We finally have one!

Started by Troy, July 18, 2005, 12:50:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should we use as the Domain Name for this new Charger Message Board

CLASSIC-CHARGER.COM (I already own it)
70 (24.7%)
CLASSICDODGECHARGER.COM (I already own it)
22 (7.8%)
DODGECHARGERMUSCLE.COM (I already own it)
14 (4.9%)
Other?
6 (2.1%)
THEDODGECHARGER.COM (per request, I got this too)
13 (4.6%)
DODGECHARGER.COM
158 (55.8%)

Total Members Voted: 282

Troy

Ok everyone, looks like we're starting from scratch here so we need a new name. I'd prefer to keep it a ".com" or ".net" domain and all the combinations of "dodgecharger" and dodge-charger" are taken. I have listed the three that I own and within a few days all will be pointed at this site (it takes time for the name servers to catch up). If you choose "Other" please remember that the name needs to be specific enough to convey the meaning of the site yet broad enough so that we can discuss all the great topics that we're used to. Also, domains containing "chargers" seem to be connected to the football team or various electronic devices so be careful what you ask for. Lastly, if you choose one that I don't already own then please try to make sure it's available first. If you don't know how to check if a domain is registered at least put the name into your browser and see if a site is there. If there is, we can't use it.

The "dodgechargermuscle" name may be a bit too restrictive or confusing but it was available so I got it. For three of the names above, I chose the word "classic" as it has many meanings (most all of them positive) and it covers our most common topics pretty well.

clas ·sic   Audio pronunciation of "classic" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (klsk)
adj.

1. Belonging to the highest rank or class.
         2. Serving as the established model or standard: a classic example of colonial architecture.
         3. Having lasting significance or worth; enduring.
         1. Adhering or conforming to established standards and principles: a classic piece of research.
         2. Of a well-known type; typical: a classic mistake.
   3. Of or characteristic of the literature, art, and culture of ancient Greece and Rome; classical.
         1. Formal, refined, and restrained in style.
         2. Simple and harmonious; elegant: the classic cut of a suit; the classic lines of a clipper ship.
   5. Having historical or literary associations: classic battlefields of the Civil War.

n.

1. An artist, author, or work generally considered to be of the highest rank or excellence, especially one of enduring significance.
   2. A work recognized as definitive in its field.
         1. A literary work of ancient Greece or Rome.
         2. classics The languages and literature of ancient Greece and Rome. Used with the.
         3. One that is of the highest rank or class: The car was a classic of automotive design.
   4. A typical or traditional example.
   5. Informal. A superior or unusual example of its kind: The reason he gave for being late was a classic.
   6. A traditional event, especially a major sporting event that is held annually: a golf classic.

classic

adj 1: characteristic of the classical artistic and literary traditions 2: adhering to established standards and principles; "a classic proof" n 1: a creation of the highest excellence 2: an artist who has created classic works

Source: WordNet  ® 2.0,  © 2003 Princeton University

My favorite:  ;D
classic
<jargon> An adjective used before or after a noun to describe
the original version of something. This construction is
especially used of product series in which the newer versions
are considered worse than the older ones.

***UPDATE***: Thanks to Hemigeno it looks like we can get DodgeCharger.com if that's what you guys want. Feel free to change your vote if necessary. Keep in mind that we don't officially own it yet but it looks very promising.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Johnny SixPack

First up, Troy, your dedication in this matter is much appreciated.

Don't really think anything I could say would really sum it up though.

OK, to the matter at hand...

I voted for other, 'cause I've got an idea (past my _ idea - didn't know that bit o' info!) that might fly.

How about: www.thedodgecharger.com

Simple and pretty d@mn direct.

Typed it into my browser and got nothing.

Typed it into Google and got nothing.

Sums up what the site will be about pretty well I think.

Johnny

p.s. Woo-hoo! First non-mod to register! ;D

p.p.s. I dig the forum style.
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Andrew

how come you cant get dodge-charger.com?

p.s. need more smilies

Wakko

I voted for classic-charger.com simply because it'll be easier to tell new people about.  Can we do it without the hyphen?
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Johnny SixPack

Hey Wakko, saw pix of you Charger with the new goodies.

Looks great, man! 8)

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Wakko

Thanks.  Guess I should post them on here now.  :)   Hey Troy, can we salvage the tech archives?
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

kikgas01

Hey this is great Troy and THANKS! Heres to ya!Out with the old
In with the new!!
And here is our opening mascot

EDIT   Wow my first bit of moderation already.....the basic rules still apply here until I'm told otherwise.  Nice pic but definately NWS......Chris

Andrew

Lostsheep

Mefirst

My vote goes to the name www classicdodgecharger.

I hated the name at first, but it has grown on me and i think its a good name..

/Tom

kikgas01

Quote from: Mefirst on July 18, 2005, 04:46:31 AM
My vote goes to the name www classicdodgecharger.

I hated the name at first, but it has grown on me and i think its a good name..

/Tom

Killer_Mopar

I vote for six-five-dot-nine-eight-dot-six-five-dot-six-nine. Its VERY easy to remember and has a melody to it ;D Seriously, I picked classic-charger. The only drawback to that name is it will get easily confused with cuda-challenger if you use initials.

TruckDriver

At first I didn't care much for Classic-Charger.com. But after thinking it over, I choose that one because most people consiter a classic to be around 20 years old or older. So it will work.

We do need more smilies. To bad we cant get the same ones off D-C.com or I like the ones on the '70 Registry site.

Also, anyway to put up a redirect page on the old D-C.com page to this site?
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Andrew

Andrew

Telvis

Classic-charger is easier to remember.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Troy I asked you about this one before.....how about

www.originalcharger.com  or www.originaldodgecharger.com

Now that I look at them typed out they do look kinda goofy ::)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Andrew

for your sig, if you tipe [img] kinstead of [image] it should work a little better

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

kikgas01

Quote from: kikgas01 on July 18, 2005, 04:02:03 AM
Hey this is great Troy and THANKS! Heres to ya!Out with the old
In with the new!!
And here is our opening mascot

EDIT   Wow my first bit of moderation already.....the basic rules still apply here until I'm told otherwise.   Nice pic but definately NWS......Chris

Sorry I fugured since the cflg left it posted it would be safe here. Congrats on your first bit of moderation.  

Khyron

My vote is also cast for

www.classic-charger.com

short, sweet, and to the point. The way a name should be.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

2muchrust

Mefirst

Id still want the Dodge in the name.. Classic-Charger.com sounds short in my ears, I like it more with Dodge included. Like the cars name isnt just "Charger" its Dodge Charger, so why drop half the name??? But thats just me...

694spdRT

1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

dart3404

I think you should have dodge in the name so I picked CLASSICDODGECHARGER.COM