News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ignition Components?

Started by BLAM, June 13, 2007, 05:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLAM

Hey All.

I am requesting help in identifying the ignition components I should buy for my 68 Charger R/T Resto Mod!

I have reserached the forums and past posts on the subject and have some basic ideas as to what is required, but I am not positive.  Most discussion has been around individual ignition components that need replacing, or interoperability challenges, and the pros and cons of different multi spark boxes.  My situation is this, I am starting from a clean slate I have no existing ignition system parts, and I would like to get your extensive feedback as to the parts I should purchase for an optimized system for my car and motor.  I want the best parts, which means I am willing to pay the scratch, but I don't want to waste it!

The car is a 68 Charger R/T.  A 4 speed car with a Dana rear and 3:54 gears.  Motor will be 4.25" stroke, 7.1" rod, 512 cubic inch build.  Indy EZ heads with a 10.5 to 1 CR with a Street Dominator intake.  Primarily a steet car, but it will run at the track several times a year.

As I said I need help picking all of my ignition parts, distributor, cap, rotor, coil, wires, spark plugs, control module, ballast resistor, multi spark box with rev limiter, voltage regulator, and altenator.  Did I miss anthing?

Thanks for your help!

Andy
RLTW - "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell