News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Metal Repro Parts Sample Pictures

Started by jsampsell, June 14, 2007, 10:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsampsell

Hey folks!  I just wanted to update you on the new products Auto Metal Direct has currently available and on the way for the 68-70 Chargers.  There has already been a post about the 69-70 tail light panel.  We also have the trunk lock support, trunk gutters and bumpers available with the deck filler panel coming in the next 3 weeks.  By this fall, we should have many other products including full OE-style quarter panels.  Let me know if you have any questions.  I'm happy to answer them as best as I can.  I will probably not be able to answer questions about timeframes and pricing simply because the production process can be delayed and pricing is not given to me until after the parts are approved for production and are on their way to us.  By the way, I also forgot to tell you that we have a complete licensed glass program coming soon, too.

Again, any questions are welcome.

Jeremy Sampsell
Auto Metal Direct
866-591-8309

daytonalo

How much do think the qtrs are going to sell for ?  What do you think of Hard-core Qtrs ? Larry O

Troy

Quote from: daytonalo on June 14, 2007, 10:50:33 AM
How much do think the qtrs are going to sell for ?  What do you think of Hard-core Qtrs ? Larry O

Quote from: jsampsell on June 14, 2007, 10:23:54 AM
I will probably not be able to answer questions about timeframes and pricing simply because the production process can be delayed and pricing is not given to me until after the parts are approved for production and are on their way to us.

:shruggy:

By the way, it's bad form to discuss the virtues/shortcomings of a competitor's product on a public forum. It's too easy to come across as an egotistical jerk (not unlike certain other vendors that have graced this site with their presence). As far as I know, Hardcore doesn't have any production quarters available so it's a bit premature to make any judgements.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

HITMAN 149

:popcrn:  :brickwall:
hahahahaha
troy...
i'm glad i'm not the only one who caught on to that!!!! LOL
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

jsampsell

Larry,

I don't have pricing on the quarters yet. Sorry about that. I can assure you that they won't be anywhere close to $2,400 per side, though.

As far as what I think about the Hardcore Racing quarters. From all the pictures I've seen of their products, it looks like they will be good quality parts. The only thing I'll say is that they are using completely different tooling than we are. Ours is steel tooling. Their's is not.

Jeremy
Auto Metal Direct

69charger2002

great news! thanks for making us new parts and keep us updated! also.. as a reminder. don't listen to these 71-74 people who think their cars need new parts. ONLY listen to 68-70 owners.. lol just kidding

trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

kab69440

No you're not. And I hereby second the motion. :nana:
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

jsampsell

Guys, I thought I'd post some pictures of some of the samples we just got in last week and today.  We'll be taking them to Carlisle this weekend so if you go, please stop by our booth (A97-A101).  All of our parts are made on our own STEEL tooling.  Pricing and availability are not know yet.  These pieces all have to be test-fitted and approved before we can move the production process along.  The estimates for most of these parts are this fall or winter.  I don't have pictures of our full OE-style quarters yet but the samples will be here soon.  Trunk floors are coming, too - full OE-style, not patches.  Oh yeah, and a complete glass program. 

Any questions are welcome.  Just remember that I don't have pricing and availability.

Enjoy the pictures.   :drool5:

Jeremy Sampsell
Auto Metal Direct
866-591-8309

68 Tail Light Panel

Radiator Support

Inner Fenders

Rear Seat Pan and Rear Floor Pans

Floor

Inner and Outer Wheelhouses

Hood

Fenders

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

73ChargerSE

3rd Gen Bulge hoods are next right?  :D :D :nana:

hemi-hampton

Impressive samples. Will make my Job easier. I just had to pay $5,000  :o for a rust free donor 67 coronet  parts car :brickwall: because not much reproduced for these cars :brickwall: Wonder if anyone plans on making parts for these type of cars?  :scratchchin: 71-72 Charger 1/4's would be big sellers.  :scratchchin: LEON.

bull

Wow! Awesome stuff! Will you be charging Hemi prices or 318 prices? :icon_smile_big:

69charger2002

oh charger fenders.. we never thought the day would come
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

jsampsell

Quote from: bull on July 02, 2007, 06:16:34 PM
Wow! Awesome stuff! Will you be charging Hemi prices or 318 prices? :icon_smile_big:

bull link,

We've been told that the few pieces we have available right now are at very reasonable prices so I expect the other stuff to be reasonable, too.  I know that "reasonable" is vague and that our idea of reasonable may not match up with your idea of reasonable, but the idea is to have anyone be able to restore their car with new sheet metal.  And that means that are prices HAVE to be reasonable.  So, that's a long way of saying that I really think we'll be in the 318 ballpark.   :2thumbs:

Jeremy
Auto Metal Direct

Just 6T9 CHGR

Crikies!  fenders.....me likey a lot!  Will you be bringing those to Carlisle?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

JimShine

My lord.... That is an amazing sight to behold. I am in line for set of '69 quarters. I will wait patiently.

OldGuy

I am interested in your hoods.  Question - is your sheet metal the same gauge used in OEM parts?
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

bull

Quote from: jsampsell on July 02, 2007, 06:47:07 PM
Quote from: bull on July 02, 2007, 06:16:34 PM

bull link,

We've been told that the few pieces we have available right now are at very reasonable prices so I expect the other stuff to be reasonable, too.  I know that "reasonable" is vague and that our idea of reasonable may not match up with your idea of reasonable, but the idea is to have anyone be able to restore their car with new sheet metal.  And that means that are prices HAVE to be reasonable.  So, that's a long way of saying that I really think we'll be in the 318 ballpark.   :2thumbs:

Jeremy
Auto Metal Direct

That's great. Hopefully the days of paying $450 for rusty, bent fenders will soon come to an end. I was really doubting we would ever see replacement steel fenders, hoods and tail panels in my lifetime. As long as the price is right and the fit is good you'll be a Mopar superhero. :2thumbs:

Lurker

i am gonna print off a picture of those fenders and sleep with it under my pillow till they are ready for sale. :drool5:
1968 xp29 charger thats now rust free.. and trunk free and floorboard and quarterpanel free.
1972 b5/b5 318 barracuda patently waiting its turn.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2663667

AirborneSilva

I like that floor pan, ONE PIECE!!!  that is awesome, a lot less welding!

Chatt69chgr

I like that driver inner fender.  Mine got eaten by battery acid.  I sure would like to replace it even if I do have to drill out a zillion spot welds.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on July 02, 2007, 09:24:21 PM
I like that driver inner fender.  Mine got eaten by battery acid.  I sure would like to replace it even if I do have to drill out a zillion spot welds.

I'll cheer you up, I need to replace both of mine  :'(  So I will be very interested to see their pricing on them...

Dave22443

Do you guys have frame rails?  I've got dibs on a '68 passenger side fender  :2thumbs:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln