News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

carb throttle linkage

Started by charger01, September 18, 2005, 10:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger01

My 69 charger originally came equipped with a 383 2 barrell.  I have since dropped in a fresh 69 440hp motor.  The motor has an edelbrock aluminum intake and edelbrock 750 carb.  The throttle cable does not appear to be long enough.  Does anyone else run this setup?  Someone told me previously the same cable can be used, but I dont see how.  Any suggestions?

Ghoste

It should work.  How much too short is it and or how tall is the carb pad on that intake?  You aren't running a spacer are you?

charger01

No spacer on the carb.  When the cable is properly sitting in the throttle bracket, it comes up about a half inch short of any possible connection. ???

8WHEELER

I have had this disagreement before on the throttle brackets, this is the bracket for 68 and some 69 HP
engines I have seen, this bracket worked well on my car with a Holley Street Dominator I just needed
to bend it up a little to help the angle, is this the bracket you run.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

charger01

Yeah, that is the same bracket as mine.  I have heard people tell me there are different throttle cables for 2 and 4 barrells. then I hear it the other way to.   ???

Ghoste

Both answers are right depending on application.  Checking the catalog (I know I should have done that at the start, sorry) you need the four barrel one.  The old part number was 2899 339.  Check the dealer and they may still have one just superceded to a new number.  I got one about three years ago for my car.

charger01

I noticed year one only had a listing for 383 440  4 barrell.  none for 2 barrell.  I will order one, and hope for the best. thank you gentlemen

Chryco Psycho

do you have the 20-7 linkage adapter for the Holley carb on there ?