News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

V10 Charger (Update 5/25/21)

Started by GT, June 21, 2007, 01:28:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: i remember when you first posted your intrest in this project, and I thought oh boy another kids gonna hack up a perfectly decent Charger and make a total hash of it...  :lol:

:2thumbs:

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Brock Samson

GeneralLeeTESH

Oh my God ! This car is KICK-ASS Awesome !  Totally MONDO dude ! Right on !!!   YES  !!!   :2thumbs: :cheers: :laugh:
The TESH

myrtle

This is an awsome thread man, thanks for all the pics. keep them coming.
THE REAL FAST AND THE REAL FURIOUS

GT

No real update folks.  I did order and receive all of my Autometer guages - need to figure out how to install in the dash in a manner that looks good.  I'll post some pics of that when the time comes.

My current frustration is getting parts.   :RantExplode:   I've been waiting on my Wilwood brakes for 19 weeks and Moser 60 for 7 weeks.  *Just* received a phone call minutes ago about an update - typical vendor mis-fires (shipped my stuff to the wrong person, Moser lost the PO, etc.).  Guess I am too patient.   ::) The rear should be hear ~Oct 22nd and the brakes end of the month... wish me luck.

I did finish modifying the inner wheel wells so I can run a ride height of ~5" and still have ~4" of suspension compression/travel.  If all goes well, I can have Project "Hiss" down on the ground for final mockup by the end of Nov.  Then it's tear down and final body work / paint.
1970 Dodge Charger ==> V10
2012 Charger SRT8

Brock Samson

what happened to all the tranny mock up pics i was checking out yesterday?..  :shruggy: did you delete a bunch of your posts GT?..

GT

Nope - all the posts are there - I just looked.  Might be an issue on your end?
Btw, I am building a web page to host ALL of my pics / build info, etc.  It's going to take a while.
There is just a little bit of early history there and a frame work - in serious construction (only played with it for a few hours).
Hardly any pics just yet...

See: v10mopar.com
2012 Charger SRT8

Charger74

Looks like a good start to the website GT.  Can't wait to see more of the project.

daytonalo

I love your work ! I was offered a Viper engine and trans cheap and thinking about installing it in my Daytona clone . I like the fact you did not move the engine back , were you ever concerned about having the CG to far forward ? Could it be a handling issue ? What is the weight of a alum v-10 vs old school hemi ?

Larry

moparstuart

Awesome project the best on this site, I always love seeing updates
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

suntech

QuoteWhat is the weight of a alum v-10 vs old school hemi ?

don´t know the numbers Larry, but cast iron Hemi block is 309 lbs ( bare) and same block aluminum is 142 lbs, so i am sure a aluminum Viper motor is much lighter than oldschool hemi!!
Rolf
BTW: how did your boatrace season work out??
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

knitz01

Man just cought up Man this is a sick car, I had thought about a v-10 but the budget is way out of my reach.
You go GT, keep up the great work!! :2thumbs:

daytonalo

No racing this year , to be honest I have a better time just using my Race boat as a pleasure boat !!! There is something about kicking the snot out of guy who thinks he got a fast boat . Thanks for asking !

Larry

suntech

Quotekicking the snot out of guy who thinks he got a fast boat
I love that too!! I had to stop racing 3 years ago, ( raced UIM formula 1 tunnels)when i broke my back in 2 places :shruggy:
Now a byddy of mine and me has a 25 foot V bottom, with twin 2,5 efi drag motors, with brucato ECU´s (98mph) FUN :D

Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

daytonalo

Running a 32 Skater with 2-300 Opti's

PocketThunder

Quote from: GT on October 15, 2008, 08:40:47 PM
Btw, I am building a web page to host ALL of my pics / build info, etc.  It's going to take a while.
There is just a little bit of early history there and a frame work - in serious construction (only played with it for a few hours).

I just read thru your stories and that was great!   :2thumbs:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 22, 2008, 11:29:15 AM

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:  another missouri mopar guy

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on October 22, 2008, 12:16:04 PM

You might have enough guys to start your own Missouri Mafia!   :lol:

daytonalo

What are you trying to say ?

Larry

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 22, 2008, 02:08:48 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on October 22, 2008, 12:16:04 PM

You might have enough guys to start your own Missouri Mafia!   :lol:
wow i live in kansas , and work and own a buisness in missouri  I could have duel memberships     :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

GT

Good news and bad news.  The Moser 60 finally arrived and looks sweat.  Still no brakes (23 weeks and counting).

Although hard to tell from the pics, it's about 4" narrower than the stock rear end.  35 Spline axles, Truetrac, 3.73 ratio, The big Ford Torino ends, Billet yoke, and the support cover.  Should be able to handle anything the v10 throws at it  :2thumbs:

I threw the rear under the car and bolted on the rear wheels - clearanced all check out *whew*.  I have an inch of clearance between the side walls and the outer quarter lip.  No problem  :coolgleamA:

On the side shot of the car/wheel - this is at ride height (I may not go that low) and the tire has clearance for 3-4" of upwards travel without hitting.
2012 Charger SRT8

GT

Gave my wife a scare - she thought I was importing drugs from Peru when this package arrived.   These are my hand carved maple pistol grip handles stained plum crazy purple.  Domingo made these for me... a work of art:  :cheers:

2012 Charger SRT8

knitz01