News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

V10 Charger (Update 5/25/21)

Started by GT, June 21, 2007, 01:28:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: GT on November 11, 2008, 10:49:07 PM
Gave my wife a scare - she thought I was importing drugs from Peru when this package arrived.   These are my hand carved maple pistol grip handles stained plum crazy purple.  Domingo made these for me... a work of art:  :cheers:

I Just got my lime green grips also from domingo , they are awesome . love your purple ones also !! :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mike DC

Just curious - What are the "Torino ends" on the new Moser D/60 axle?

Is that talking about a bearings? 

Is that talking about the bolt pattern on the flange itself (brakes)?

WingCharger

I have never seen this thread before, but now I AM AMAZED!!!! :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: This is AWESOME!!! You are a truly amazing mopar man!! This would be so awesome to do, but I  would never be  able to afford it. :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA:

GT

On the Torino (e.g. Big Ford ends) both the housing ends and the bearings are different.   The housing ends are 4 bolt vs. mopars 5 bolt.  There is no end play adjustment.  The bearings are a sealed bearing vs. the open tapered mopar bearing.  These are quite a bit larger than the mopar bearings, and IMHO, significant stronger than those or the green bearings.    If you are going to build a new axle, this is *the* way to go.  Makes for more aftermarket brake options available.  In my case, it will make it extremely easy to add on the Wilwood caliper adapters.  Here are some pics (note the size of the 35 Spline axles vs. the original 8-3/4 stock ones).   :2thumbs:

1970 Dodge Charger ==> V10
2012 Charger SRT8

suntech

Got my pistol grip today also :2thumbs:
I am here in the US, so i havent seen it, but my wife says it looks great!!
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

moparstuart

Quote from: suntech on November 13, 2008, 10:15:52 PM
Got my pistol grip today also :2thumbs:
I am here in the US, so i havent seen it, but my wife says it looks great!!
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

miller

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

2much2learn

I say " determined to restore the Charger" SHE hears " Stubborn to throw your money away"   dx_Xb

GT

After 26 weeks, the brakes *Finally* arrived  :icon_smile_big:

These are two piece 14" Wilwoods (cross drilled & slotted), 6 Piston calipers up front, and 4 piston in the rear.  The rears have integrated parking brakes.  The master cylinder, proportioning valve & braided brake lines should be here end of this week. 

Now that I have these puppies in my hands, the final mockup and ride height settings can be done.  I should have that completed by the end the month.

Here are a few pics to enjoy.  I tossed one shot of the fronts next to a full sized fender guitar for size comparison ;)

I put some more up when I get into the mock up process...
2012 Charger SRT8

GT

Definately "Some Assembly Required"  12 bolts/washers to attach a rotor to a hat.  I still need to torque them and add safety wire to each bolt (done in pairs)... that should be fun  :eek2:

Here are shots of the back of the fronts and backs, as well as a better shot of the rear parking brake mechanism:

2012 Charger SRT8

moparstuart

dam now thats some braking power , should slow that beast and the v10 well.  :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

PocketThunder

How about a picture of your '68 Imperial?   :drool5:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

GT

This is a pretty major milestone on the project.  First full mockup of the drive train, brakes, wheels and suspension.  I've ran into a couple of problems so far:

1) Rear rotors won't fully seat on axles (shoulders on axle studs is to wide at bottom).  I'll have to machine the rotors
2) Wilwood dust caps stick up about 1/16" to high - preventing full seating of the Forgeline center caps...
3) Can't get the ride height low enough in the rear...  Think I'm going to have to dump the leaf springs...

Here are pics of the rear installed with the brakes, tires, and Hypercoil springs.  I actually installed the springs in the lowest setting then rested the ends inside the frame rails on the trunk floor.  Even with 250lbs of weight, I still need it lowered another 3".  Don't think that even lowering blocks can help *that* much, and I don't want to use them.  Might be time to step up to a 4 link and coilovers in the rear.   Hmmm....

2012 Charger SRT8

GT

Next, I reinstalled the Alterkation front end and engine... again...  :eek2:
Droping the car down over it sure makes it easy - actually had the engine reinstalled in under 30 min.   :2thumbs:

2012 Charger SRT8

GT

Here are the 14" Wilwoods installed and shots with the wheels on. 
2012 Charger SRT8

GT

Finally, a few pics with the car having full weight on the suspension.  Next, I plan to temporarily install the doors and fenders and then lower the front down another 2" to the desired height.  The rear, I'll deal with later...need to think about it a bit longer.

2012 Charger SRT8

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

ChargerSG

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

tan top

clever stuff   :yesnod:  ..........  nice work          :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Charger-Bodie

That is some VERY nice handy work!

"You've got the skillz to pay the billz"   :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

WingCharger

For the rear, how about a Watt's Linkage? :shruggy: :shruggy:

It's adjustable, and a lot of pro-touring cars in magazines use them. Good for road racing, bad for drag racing though. :eek2:

I still must say, YOU CAR IS MY FAVORITE!!! :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Brock Samson

She sure is coming along nice...  those wheels look bitchen!  :yesnod: and I'd like to see your Imperial too..  :icon_smile_wink:

suntech

QuoteGood for road racing, bad for drag racing though.
What is bad with Wattslink for drag racing ?????? Explain please :shruggy:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!