News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

camshaft removal / install

Started by 0X01B8, June 23, 2007, 01:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0X01B8

so, the Engle K56 showed up this week...and I'm about to start work on removal and then installation.  are there any tricks / traps you could tell me about?  i'd rather learn from other people's mistakes than my own.  the handy shop manual has about 1/4 page regarding the topic and isn't that helpful, actually.  thanks!

Chryco Psycho

well I always degree the cam , the cams seem to be ok but the chains can still be off
no need to pull the intake if you have a strong magnet you can pull the lifters through the heads
check your cam brgs to mke sure they are in good condition ,
are you changing valve springs to match the cam ?
you will need a balancer puller & to get the timing cover back on sart the 2 bolts through the oil pan to suck the cover down & just tap the cover into place

0X01B8

thanks for the tips.  according to the receipt for my engine build my springs are Crane 99839 springs, which appear to be a stock replacement, which doesn't seem right since my old cam is a .484 purple shaft  - not exactly stock - but whatever - it's all going away soon.

any Engle K56 people out there who can tell me what springs you used?  thanks.

firefighter3931

Those Crane springs are 120 on the seat and 300 open.  ;)

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=CRN%2D99839%2D16&view=32&N=700+

Those should work fine with the K56 cam.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs