News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wanted:pics of pete hamilton's superbird

Started by THE CHARGER PUNK, June 27, 2007, 03:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on July 15, 2007, 09:22:27 PM
I literally hit the magazine jackpot this weekend.  :coolgleamA: I bought a hundred Stock Car Racing issues (including Vol. #1, Issue #1) along with a few other NASCAR racing books.  As soon as I can go through all of them, I will post any pete hamilton superbird articles that I find.........

SCR issue #1 is a great find.  Actually any of the pre 1968 issues are the most in demand.

nitrometal

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on July 15, 2007, 09:22:27 PM
I literally hit the magazine jackpot this weekend.  :coolgleamA: I bought a hundred Stock Car Racing issues (including Vol. #1, Issue #1) along with a few other NASCAR racing books.  As soon as I can go through all of them, I will post any pete hamilton superbird articles that I find.........

Wow, Vol. #1, Issue #1.  I would imagine that's a tough one to find.  Did you find that on Ebay?
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

Chad L. Magee

Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Aero426

I found my SCR Vol 1 #1 at a model car swap meet one day.   Guy was cleaning out his collection from 66 to present.   Just a box of stuff on the floor.  The early issues went in a feeding frenzy. 

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: DougSchellinger on July 17, 2007, 02:16:09 PM
I found my SCR Vol 1 #1 at a model car swap meet one day.   Guy was cleaning out his collection from 66 to present.   Just a box of stuff on the floor.  The early issues went in a feeding frenzy. 

Did you get some of the other early issues by chance?  If you did, I may need your help in scanning the ones that I am missing for an upcoming vintage literature section that will be put up here on DC.........

Aero426

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on July 17, 2007, 09:36:25 PM
Quote from: DougSchellinger on July 17, 2007, 02:16:09 PM

Did you get some of the other early issues by chance?  If you did, I may need your help in scanning the ones that I am missing for an upcoming vintage literature section that will be put up here on DC.........

I have most of the early issues.

Chad L. Magee

I found this in the March 1968 issue of Stock Car Racing magazine.  Sorry it is not his Superbird......

THE CHARGER PUNK

Aero426

The Hamilton 500 is believed to be this car.

Aero426

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on July 27, 2007, 06:05:25 AM
Thats cool :icon_smile_big: :yesnod: thnx chad

No problem, I will have more to post as I get though scanning my magazine collection.  I just scanned in the 1966 issues of SCR and will begin on the 1967s tomarrow (or Sunday) depending on my work schedule........

Doug-  I found issue #4 that the seller thought he did not have in the set.  It ended up being packaged in with issue #3 in a plastic proctive sleeve.  As soon as I can go though the entire set, I will contact you to see if I can get some scans of the missing issues that you may have (if you don't mind)........

pettybird

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on July 04, 2007, 06:22:47 PM
what color blue are those rims????

petty blue V 2.0

they painted the motors that color, too.  the hemi at the museum is that color.  it looks funny in not-orange. 

Ghoste

I thought Petty's race engines were all unpainted (at least back in that era)?   Could the museum car just have the engine painted for show?

moparstuart

doug the picture of the spoiler on the daytona when it was the blue #30  looks alot like the crazy (
car of tomorrow) spoiler 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Aero426

Quote from: moparstuart on August 20, 2007, 12:49:06 PM
doug the picture of the spoiler on the daytona when it was the blue #30  looks alot like the crazy (
car of tomorrow) spoiler 

Terry Nichels put the #30 car back together in 1977-78.    The front spoiler is in the style of the Bobby Unser #5 Superbird which also came out of the Nichels shop.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE