News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona parts done

Started by pandamarie, July 03, 2007, 10:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pandamarie

Ted Janak called today and all my parts are done, he is boxing them up tommorow, now I have lots of work to do, hope my back holds up for this. I will post pics when the parts arrive, now to throw away my wifes stuff to make room for parts storage in my gun room she took over. ;D :2thumbs:

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

PocketThunder

Pics are mandatory when the ups guy delivers the parts  :yesnod: :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

pandamarie

I placed my order with Ted first part of april and then it was delayed a few weeks since the USPS lost my first template of my front fenders and hood edge lines and center lines. so less than 4 months is pretty fast. it will probably take a week or two before the parts arrive.
With all the family and friends dying in the last 3 months I havent had much time to get the rest of the car ready plus my Dr is trying to move up my back surgery to the end of July, cant do that because im going to Hot August Nights in Reno.Will post pics as soon as things start to progress.

daytonalo

Can you give us a break down on cost of those parts ?

pandamarie

I didnt make a copy of the order form I sent to Ted but all the parts I ordered from him was the complete nose cone with all internal parts and spoiler, fender scoops and wing which has 3 steel reinforcments inside and aluminum reinforcements in the stabalizers. all of that cam to $5134, shipping charges im still waiting on but he said they would be around 400 to calif. not bad for 3 months. I expected alot longer from what people said on this board. The rest of the parts were from members here on this board, which are Daytonalo, wing washers trunk hinges and very nice A piller trim, 700 with shipping.( great deal and great parts) and Hotrod98 wing braces and trunk lid part $350 with shipping. Window plug is going to be a vega hatchback which cost me $10 at the local swap meet a few years ago with tinted glass that matches the rest of my original tinted glass. so far I have $6495 into all the parts, I sold my 69 front clip for 2500 and bought a fair set of rust free 70 fenders and hood for 250. by the time im done paint and all this will cost me less than 8500 for the complete conversion, My son and I are doing all the body work and paint except for the widow plug which a friend is going to do in exchange for an old colt SAA 45. He is the metal man for roseville rod and custom and does great work. also adding subframe connectors K member skid plate and 1" torsion bars thinking of adding the torque boxes too and some of the parts from XV motorsports, I do want it to handle at high speed. I will post pics of all of Teds parts when they arrive.
Ted just called and shipping is only $323 to sacramento, Ca. so not to bad. mailed off a money order today, hope to see the parts in about 2 weeks.