News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

TABCO has 73-74 quarter panels.at last. received mine yesterday

Started by 73chargers4404, July 05, 2007, 10:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar73

Cancelled the Paddock panels.  They told me that they were going to probably drop the vendor that they had.  They've had problems with reliability and failure to deliver.  Going to go with Tabco

AZMoparboy

Hi All, I've belonged to the web site for over a year now and thought I'd show you some of my work and the progress I've made. I'd read this thread back in the summer and you all had helped me to decide on the tabco right rear quarter panel for my 73 charger. It came two weeks ago and started work on it this past week end and here are some pictures of it. I've given some different angles in hope that they will help you all with the quality of the panel as well as the fit. There was a lot of trimming to do to it. It is still not all the way fit, but, in my opinion, is going well. Thanks All, Steve

AZMoparboy

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

E5 Charger

Looks like you are off to a great start. I see you cut yours down, but how far up do they go? Do they wrap around the top towards the trunk? I have some damage near the trunk's weatherstriping and would like to take car of the whole quarter at once. How much was shipping and where are you located? How much was the quarter? Their site says $209, but I've heard higher.
Thanks

AZMoparboy

Hi E5, The panel size extends to past the top body line, but doesn't go the the trunk seal area. The price was $330 and shipping was $100 from Ohio to Arizona. Tabco took four weeks to get me the panel, they said that they were having problems with the panels and they were working them out. I could have ordered it from a guy that has a store on ebay for the same price, he buys them from Tabco, he also said he could have got the shipping down too. As for how it fits, I have no experience other than I am an aircraft mechanic (A&P) and I do a lot of reading, ask lots of questions, thats how I learn new things about this hobby. Good luck, Steve

AKcharger

Quote from: AZMoparboy on November 27, 2007, 10:03:19 PM
...I am an aircraft mechanic (A&P) and I do a lot of reading, ask lots of questions, thats how I learn new things about this hobby. Good luck, Steve

I thought those Cleco's looked out of place on a car  ;)

Looks great!

Nacho-RT74

really does look nice from the pics... I like how the body lines are on it!!! really good cast job from seller or maker!!! I think I'll go with it.

Did you compare if sidemarker recesed area is exactly on same point ?

Can you provide pics of the wheel opening body line around and the body line section between door and wheel ?

Have you tried to mount the molding to be sure lines match ?
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

AZMoparboy

Hi Nacho-RT74, I did not compare the side marker area to the other side yet, it looks like it could be a little hi. The side marker area should have a very prominent mold ling around it and as you can see in the picture that it fades out a little at the upper rear corner. The wheel well opening fit the well house very nice, as for the molding, I don't have any the try on the panel. I'll try and get more pictures of the wheel well opening soon. Steve