News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anybody have pic of location for rear window trim clips for 68-70 Charger?

Started by Blakcharger440, July 10, 2007, 08:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blakcharger440

In the window channel for my rear glass I have 7 clips in the bottom,  3 on each side sail panel and 6 along the top is this correct?

The way I have my clips mounted the small corner pieces will not have any clips under them? ...Is this correct?

This is what it kinda looks like.

bill440rt

Blakcharger,
Just saw your post about rear window seal, too.
You're right, the clips are about in the same location as your "diagram." The lower curved mouldings only get clips at the straight sections, not at the curves. This holds the ends in place. The small, straight clips will not clip into the curve on the moulding. Otherwise, they will dent the moulding. Only place them at the straight areas.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Blakcharger440

Hi Bill,
When I put on my stainless L trim pieces there are no clips located under them....it sounds like I need to relocate two of the clips for each end of the L trim for each side.

PLEASE Post some pics of your rear window trim clip locations.

bill440rt

Hi Blakcharger,
Sorry for the slow response. Here are some shots of the rear window clip placement on my '69. Some of the the holes were rusted, & I also had to replace almost the entire lower channel. I basically just spaced the clips evenly.
Hope these work for you. Good luck!
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

tiki

Bill440RT Thank-you very much for helping me locate the trim clip holes for the rear window... :cheers:

bill440rt

Quote from: tiki on September 01, 2015, 12:53:30 PM
Bill440RT Thank-you very much for helping me locate the trim clip holes for the rear window... :cheers:

You're welcome!   :2thumbs:   :cheers:

chargedup68

68 Charger, 608/683 505 cu in. Muscle Motors Stroker, MASS Flo EFI. Reilly Motorsports Alterkation/Street Lynx suspension, Wilwood brakes, Strange Dana 60 4.11 gears, Tremec TKO 600