News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

almost bit the dust, twice

Started by 69bananabeast, September 19, 2005, 07:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bananabeast

The first once wasnt as close as the first. While at work today (work in doctors office) .  I was filing away some charts  on a wooden shelf. This shelf has been a hazard from day one with too much stuff on it . Any way  I was pushing some charts to the side and was filing the one in my hand when the bookshelf swayed back and forth and fell forward knocking me off balance .  Three of the shelves came off and hit me along with 150+ charts. from there I just stood around a minute in disbelief of what had just happened.  From there it took me about an hour and a half to put all of the charts back in alphabetical order.

Second one :  Was on my way home from work on Loop 1604 headed east ( came from north west and live north central) . Im a bout a third of the way home and out of no where I see a car swerve off the road coming west (there aren't many surrounding around this highway just two 2 lane roads seperated by about 50 ft of grass ) . Right after the car swerved off the road it hit a concrete barrier and spun into a 180. The Scary part is that where it hit the barrier was exactly where my door would have been (driving a 96 suburban) .  Im just so lucky since the concrete barrier was only placed there about a little over a month ago.  I think if I would have gotten hit it would have crushed my legs and my side. Also it  would have probably spun me into a 90 degree angle providing a greater chance to get T-boned once again. 

I feel really lucky and grateful that someone came up with the idea to put those barriers in .  This Loop has been known as "The Death Loop" around town .  The city's prevented what could have been worse.  Even though im still pretty young maybe it's time to start thinking about a will. You never know what can happen and my tools and mopars need to go to someone who'll give a good home. 
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

RD

wow, sorry to hear about your misfortune. as far as the will goes, pm me, i will give you my information so you can have it all come to me :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

TruckDriver

Soooooooo... you now only have 7 lives left :D
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Charger_Fan

I can relate;
I was taking a nice big tug on a beer last night & got a moustache hair caught in the pull tab on top of the can...I thought I was gonna DIE! :eek:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

41husk

Today might be a good day to stay in bed. :yesnod:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

andy74

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on September 19, 2005, 07:56:59 PM
I can relate;
I was taking a nice big tug on a beer last night & got a moustache hair caught in the pull tab on top of the can...I thought I was gonna DIE! :eek:
that happened to me too,is it kharma?

SLIKK 70

Tha's why they invented bottled beer.. for us with those " stashes"!!!   :yesnod:

chrisII

Quote from: SLIKK 70 on September 21, 2005, 02:18:52 PM
Tha's why they invented bottled beer.. for us with those " stashes"!!!     :yesnod:

but they dont put the cheep stuff in bottles !   :icon_smile_angry:  i do hate when that happens tho.