News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

It's officially over

Started by 70charginglizard, September 19, 2005, 11:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charginglizard

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050919/ap_on_bi_ge/dodge_neon

Well it's official.....no more pee ons (ops, I mean neons)

Not that it's replacement looks any better.

"The Caliber, which will be priced similarly to the Neon, has a more contemporary, wagon-like design. The Caliber is chiseled and aggressive"

::)   o   k  :haha:
70charginglizard

bull

Rats. I was hoping you were going to say they decided to scrap the '06 "Charger."

69bananabeast

so that means SRT-4 is getting scrapped as well?
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

Brock Samson

there is an SRT-4 version of the Calbier in testing now...

"Sleek" it is NOT however...

MoparYoungGun

Quote from: 70charginglizard on September 19, 2005, 11:54:50 PM
"The Caliber, which will be priced similarly to the Neon, has a more contemporary, wagon-like design. The Caliber is chiseled and aggressive"
:haha:

RD

Quote from: MoparYoungGun on September 20, 2005, 06:20:18 AM
:haha:

exactly, another chiseled car, arghhh....
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Afflyer

Hey guys, with gas prices the way they've been lately- I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a good '00, '01 Neon as a daily driver.  I'm putting a hundred miles a day on my Ram and I'm averaging at least 20 MPG.  I'd like a Neon that would give me ten more MPG. 

So I'm not knocking the Neon- I've always liked it.

:icon_smile_approve:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

70charginglizard

Quote from: Afflyer on September 20, 2005, 01:19:26 PM
Hey guys, with gas prices the way they've been lately- I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a good '00, '01 Neon as a daily driver.   I'm putting a hundred miles a day on my Ram and I'm averaging at least 20 MPG.   I'd like a Neon that would give me ten more MPG.  

So I'm not knocking the Neon- I've always liked it.

:icon_smile_approve:

Dont waste your money on a stupid Neon. Those are for kids.

Get a cool 2 door stratus if your going to down grade. They make um with 4 cylinders.
70charginglizard

chrisII

hey , it could be worse, they could have called it "dart" or "aspen"...it does resemble a colt more tho. however any of these 3 possible re uses of names would really not be such a bad thing as the 4 door charger  :(

RD

i have a 98 neon for the wife, 5 spd.  great car, great mileage and it has cruise! hehe.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

TruckDriver

Quote from: 70charginglizard on September 19, 2005, 11:54:50 PM
Well it's official.....no more pee ons (ops, I mean neons)

You said it right the first time :icon_smile_wink:

The single biggest piece of junk I ever drove
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P