News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger Specialties Grill Trim

Started by jasonjb75, July 20, 2007, 08:12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasonjb75

Has anyone bought the grill trim from Charger Specialties?  I wanted to get some feedback before I place the order.
1969 Dodge Charger - 383HP w/ 4-Speed

Charger-Bodie

if youre talking about the i pice its plastic chromed from what im told and looks very out of place . go gunslinger
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

keepat

Gunslinger 68 charger grille trim fit excellent
Pat

almerkel

I bought the aluminum grill trim from Gunslinger.  The fit was ok.  The aluminum is much softer than the original trim but looks ok.  Installing it on the grill is difficult.  Problems include the mounting brackets stripping on removal, getting the trim on correctly as its fit together is not perfect, and gettin the front bumper to be alined correctly.  I would not buy plastic grill trim.  To much work for too little gain.

8WHEELER

I have a few original extra sets, I thought heck with it, I had a set chromed for one of my 68's, it looks
great and it will last a heck of a lot longer than the polished aluminum grill trim, or even the new stuff
from Gunslinger. So they have 2 more sets in there to get done  :yesnod: :yesnod:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

JimShine

I waited months for him to restock a set. I finally gave up. Good to see he is finally restocking.

1969chargerrtse

I bought the Gunslinger trim also.  They are great to deal with and will help you with any issues you have.  I also had problems connecting the trim.  The thin side clip needs to be bent to get the pieces to slid together and you need to test fit them first.  If original trim is 100 I give his repro a 95 and that's a great score for a repro.  It is soft trim but it worked great because I had a lip I didn't like after it was mounted and I pushed on the lip and it smoothed right out.  Cool.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.