News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What headliner do I need for my 73 SE?

Started by Mo Power, July 25, 2007, 12:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mo Power

Ok I'm going to get new black headliner to go with my all black interior. Since I use to have white and I dont really know what the difference is between 4 and 6 bow and need to know what I need to order. And maybe some good tips on how to put it in an SE model.
1973 Charger SE
1972 Roadrunner-1 of 34 power sunroofs                                
          Crazy colors, Wacky decals, and Massive engines
                      That's what Mopars alll about

Charger1973

The bows are the metal rods that hold your headliner to your roof.  You could count them, but I can tell you already that there are 4 bows in all 73s.   :2thumbs:

Mo Power

1973 Charger SE

srpntlair1

I know they are also color coded. mine were all out does anybody know which one goes where???

Charger1973

The headliner bows are all marked with green on one end and different colors on the opposite end.  The order I listed them in is how they are installed in my car (from the factory).

The order is front of the car to rear of the car.  The multi colored ends go on the passenger side of the car.

#1 ---------- Purple
#2 ---------- Purple
#3 ---------- Red
#4 ---------- Orange

There are 2 clips which attach to the roof of the car and clip onto the orange bow, keeping it from being able to be pulled forward (towards the front of the car.  If you hold them up to the roof with the bow in place the mounting holes should be obvious.

Mo Power

1973 Charger SE

Charger1973