News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger Registry

Started by 69_500, July 24, 2005, 07:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69_500

Chris, just to double check I just sent you some more VIN's and information for the Charger registry. I believe there was 41 of the 69 500's on the website before that information. I don't know if I sent aything I had sent in before, but I believe that I just sent information on 49 more cars. I was thinking I had color information for over 100 of the cars, but I guess I don't.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Ohhh yes Danny I got it!!!

I definately have my work cut out for me!!

I have to try and build a more user friendly database than my Excel spreadsheet

Anyone proficient in MS Access?? ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Troy

Quote from: 6T9_CHARGER_RT on July 24, 2005, 08:19:42 PM

I can do better than that but I'm a bit busy right now. ;) One of my "back burner" projects is to build a decent Registry web application.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

FastbackJon

If you have minimal programming experience you can do like I did and write a computer application to talk to an excel database, compute all the information, and the spit it all up onto some nifty web pages. I'm using C# with the .NET platform. Very easy to code with!!

Also... Excel accepts inserting rows/columns based on newline/tab separation respectively.

So depending on how you were sent the big list by your friend, you could write a simple java program (costs nothing to get a java compiler) to read in the list that he sent you, and then write it back out to a file with tabs and newlines in the right places so you can just copy and paste it straight into the database.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

rebby

Quote from: 6T9_CHARGER_RT on July 24, 2005, 08:19:42 PM

I can do PHP w/MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, etc. It would have to wait a bit though as I'm pretty backed up on another project right now.
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: FastbackJon on July 25, 2005, 02:28:33 AM
If you have minimal programming experience you can do like I did and write a computer application to talk to an excel database, compute all the information, and the spit it all up onto some nifty web pages. I'm using C# with the .NET platform. Very easy to code with!!

Also... Excel accepts inserting rows/columns based on newline/tab separation respectively.

So depending on how you were sent the big list by your friend, you could write a simple java program (costs nothing to get a java compiler) to read in the list that he sent you, and then write it back out to a file with tabs and newlines in the right places so you can just copy and paste it straight into the database.

Jon, all I can say is HUH???

I really admire the way your registry site is made up.  Thats how I'd like to do mine one day where the basic info is viewable by the public.
My website building skills are limited to a WYSIWYG format that isnt very customizeable.

Im lucky the other Chris (Burnt70R/T) hooked me up with a template of his registry form in Excel.

Other than that I'm lost.....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69_500

Well I didn't make it very easy for you to just copy and paste the info into a spreadsheet or anything. I was really lazy this time and just put the last 6 digits of the vins, exterior color, interior color, if it had a console, and if it was an auto or 4 speed. Oh and I put an L in front of 440 cars, and J in front of the HEMI vin's.
I think that makes the registry up to about 90 of the Charger 500's. I'll see when I can get around to getting some more information. I was talking to a gentleman at carlisle who worked for Creative Industry in 1969, and he said he had a list of the vins with body colors and such on it. And he was willing to give a copy of it to me for the registry purpose. So if he does, i'll send ya the information. He also told me there was no way they made more than 392. He said there is a list of 575 VIN's on it, but that is just paperwork Chrysler made up to get past NASCAR's rules in 1969.

FastbackJon

Quote from: 69_500 on July 25, 2005, 05:54:58 PM
Well I didn't make it very easy for you to just copy and paste the info into a spreadsheet or anything. I was really lazy this time and just put the last 6 digits of the vins...

Weren't some of them XX cars and some XS?
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Just 6T9 CHGR

Yes there were a few.......He listed the full VIN's for those
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Chris G.

Hey Danny, how about some love for us '70 guys? ;D  I thought you mentioned having so good 70 stuff as well?

You da man! :cheers:

69_500

I don't have very many 70 Charger VIN's or fender tag information. However I'll start taking a digital photograph at shows that I attend over the course of the year and get you information that way if you wish.
I know some people don't want their information out there, so for them I'll just avoid their cars, for the others like me who don't car I'll take a pic and get the information for you.

I do know of a 70 Charger RT/SE that was FM3 from the factory with white interior, white stripe. I'll look to see where the picture of that fender tag is. I also had a 70 Charger that was a 225/6 3 speed on the column, that was FM3 as well. I don't know if I have the VIN for that car anywhere still or not. Ummm, lets see here the other 70 I had was a 70 Charger 500 SE with a power sunroof. I know I have information on that car around here.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Dan, you have the DVD of Carlisle yet?  I'd like to order a copy when you do.

Post the link to your company again would ya? :)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69_500

The video for Carlisle should be done and ready for order the week of the Mopar Nationals. I know we aren't nearly as fast at getting them done and out there as other companies, but we are trying really hard to edit them and make them look professional. We want you to be able to sit back and enjoy the entire show, without thinking in your mind "how much longer is this video".

A link to our companies website is as follows

www.delproductions.net

We do have the video's for Mopars at the Strip completed, and available. As well as a DVD of 900 pictures from that show. We also finsihed up the DVD for the Atlantic Mopar Nationals. It is avaialble for purchase as well.

Guess I need to update our website and add the Atlantic nationals DVD.

Chris G.

Quote from: 69_500 on July 27, 2005, 06:16:14 PM
I don't have very many 70 Charger VIN's or fender tag information. However I'll start taking a digital photograph at shows that I attend over the course of the year and get you information that way if you wish.
I know some people don't want their information out there, so for them I'll just avoid their cars, for the others like me who don't car I'll take a pic and get the information for you.

Danny, whatever you can send, that would be great!   It was great hanging out with you in Carlisle . You are truly a human encyclopedia. You can run VIN's off like no one I've ever seen.   :thumbs:

Like the other Chris said, let us know when the Carlisle dvd becomes available. I need the Atlantic and Carlisle dvd's myself.

69_500

The Atlantic one should be up on the website here shortly. I am working on finishing updating the site as I type this. Well not literally as I can't type in two screens at a time. Once I get the front cover up on the website it should be done.

I can't remember as many VIN's off the top of my head as say Dave patik or Dave from Moparts.com. Those two were making me look like a 2nd grader when I was over at the tent talking to them about some old 500's no one has seen in years.

BigBlockSam

my 69 se has no fender tag or buildsheet . should i still register it
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

PocketThunder

Quote from: BigBlockSam on July 27, 2005, 08:47:54 PM
my 69 se has no fender tag or buildsheet . should i still register it

ummm yes.  if its just a vin number then that helps..
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69_500

Definatley register it. There are plenty of cars that I have information on that just consist of the VIN.