News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FINALLY , NEW PICTURES OF MY TRUNK HINGES AND A-PILLAR TRIM

Started by daytonalo, July 30, 2007, 11:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

69bronzeT5

Well if you email them to me, I can just put them on my photobucket account and post em on here without resizing them if you want :shruggy:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

daytonalo

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

pandamarie

Here are some pics of Larry's Apillar trim and Trunk Hinges. Sorry about the A pillar trim, still havent taken the clear tape off of them.

daytonalo

Thanks , I would remove that plastic tape soon , otherwise it might be tough to remove at a later date . Remove it and just wrap them in a towel .
Larry

TomP

Larry,
  Do Daytona trunk hinges not have torsions bars on them to keep the trunk lid up?  I thought there were supposed to be holes for them, or is that something we have to drill ourselves?

Tom
'70 Charger R/T Clone - FE5/V1W 451/727/Dana/4 wheel disc brakes/AC (Under Restification)
'70 Challenger - FM3/V1W 440/727/8.75/4 wheel disc brakes (Under Restification)
'74 Duster - FM3/V1W 225/904/7.25 Disc/Drum
'93 RAM D250 - 5.9L/A518/9.25 (Old Sacto Cop Truck)
'94 BMW 740iL

Yes, I'm a Dodge Boy.  Verstehen?

hemigeno

Quote from: TomP on July 31, 2007, 11:20:53 AM
Larry,
  Do Daytona trunk hinges not have torsions bars on them to keep the trunk lid up?  I thought there were supposed to be holes for them, or is that something we have to drill ourselves?

Tom

Here's a shot of a Daytona trunk hinge installed.  The torsion bars aren't technically drilled into the hinge, but there is another piece that they rub up against.

TomP

'70 Charger R/T Clone - FE5/V1W 451/727/Dana/4 wheel disc brakes/AC (Under Restification)
'70 Challenger - FM3/V1W 440/727/8.75/4 wheel disc brakes (Under Restification)
'74 Duster - FM3/V1W 225/904/7.25 Disc/Drum
'93 RAM D250 - 5.9L/A518/9.25 (Old Sacto Cop Truck)
'94 BMW 740iL

Yes, I'm a Dodge Boy.  Verstehen?

daytonalo

It's very simple , you transfer your stock b -body torsion ramp to my hinges .

hemi68charger

Quote from: daytonalo on July 31, 2007, 11:44:44 PM
It's very simple , you transfer your stock b -body torsion ramp to my hinges .

Larry,
Even though you're selling your Daytona, are you going to still produce the wind deflectors and hinges?

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

daytonalo

Update , not selling car . Yes I will continue to make parts . Does anyone have any b-body conv pillar trim , I need more items to sell . I want to copy them then return them or buy them . Larry

Old Moparz

Quote from: daytonalo on August 01, 2007, 09:42:27 AM
Update , not selling car . Yes I will continue to make parts . Does anyone have any b-body conv pillar trim , I need more items to sell . I want to copy them then return them or buy them . Larry

Hey Larry,

I have a spare set but need to "find" them first. I can look this weekend, but if I can't find them, I can take the set off the '68 Coronet 500 convertible & lend those to you. Is it the complete set you need with the upper horizontal pieces too? (4 in total I think?)

I wanted to talk to you about setting up the Janak nose cone I have with working headlights anyway, so if you PM me your phone number I will call you this weekend. (Or I'll PM my number if you want?)

Bob
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

daytonalo

I would just need the a-pillar trim , are they all the same for b-body [68-70 ] ? my # is 609-315-2640 , call me very late , 9-12 pm est . Larry

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Old Moparz

Quote from: daytonalo on August 01, 2007, 10:20:42 AM
I would just need the a-pillar trim , are they all the same for b-body [68-70 ] ? my # is 609-315-2640 , call me very late , 9-12 pm est . Larry

As far as I know they should be the same, but I wouldn't swear to it. There are differences elsewhere between the Satellite & the Coronet. For example, the pot metal trim pieces where the stainless mouldings meet at the base of the convertible top are different. One is a gradual "S" shape & the other has a sharper curve to it. (Hard to explain without a photo.)

Just curious though, why wouldn't you need the upper pieces at the top of the windshield that meet the A-Pillar pieces? Do you have them already?

I'll dig up the A-Pillar ones & call you.

By the way, someone go feed Big Block Sam.   :D
               Bob                

hemigeno

Old Moparz

Bob                

BigBlockSam

QuoteBy the way, someone go feed Big Block Sam.     

thank you, thats all i ask, throw me some raw meat every once and a while . :laugh:
    i had plans to go to the nats with some friends but i threw my back out the week before.  :pity:
only now am i getting back to normal . next time   hopefully will both be driving wing cars.  :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

sunroofsuperbird

If you want to make some money you should make the challenger cuda conv a piller trim way more simple than the charger pieces and they bring the big bucks.
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
71 Challenger R/T stationwagon
70 Sunroof superbird clone
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
71 Challenger conv pace car
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
78 Aspen Super Coupe Sedan Delivery
80 Aspen Load Runner wagon
67 Fury 6 door limo wagon
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

daytonalo

BigBlockSam

daytonalo

more pix , This how they look when you use the stock b-body torsion ramp .

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection