News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Will a 73 C body wiper motor work on a 70 Charger RT...

Started by Blakcharger440, July 31, 2007, 07:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blakcharger440

Can you make a 73 C body 3speed wiper motor work on a 70 Charger RT???

rt green

funny you should bring that up. i'm sorry i can't answer your question, but i'm kind of in the same boat. i put  a six pack on my 69, and now my my air cleaner wont fit whith the stock wiper motor. i was wondering too what will fit. 
third string oil changer

pandamarie

I replaced my wiper motor on my 70 challenger with one off of a 72 or 73 c body, I had a 3 speed wiper motor already so it was a direct swap.
I belive I had to change the pivot arm with the original though. its been almost 10 years since I did it but it will work, the connector was different also, just pull the wires out of the c body connector and test them as color codes are different at least on the one I got. going from a 2 speed wiper the wires will be different but with a little testing and fitting it will work. Here is a pic of my six pack challenger, you can see the wiper motor behind the air cleaner

Charger1973

Quote from: rt green on July 31, 2007, 07:56:49 PM
funny you should bring that up. i'm sorry i can't answer your question, but i'm kind of in the same boat. i put  a six pack on my 69, and now my my air cleaner wont fit whith the stock wiper motor. i was wondering too what will fit. 

Sounds like maybe yours is a 2 speed wiper motor?  They stick out while the 3 speeds lay flat. 

gtx6970

C-body motors are OFF the glass park.
70 and older B-bodies are ON the glass park

I can be made to work though,,, you have to change the location the park switch plate to make it park right. There is a procedure in the service manual

Chatt69chgr

There is a picture in the service manual detailing this.  You just remove the three screws holding down the park switch plate and then lift it up and move it over to the next indentation in the diecast housing and replace the three screws.  Chrysler improved the parking switch plate assembly around 72 or 73.  The new wiper has a much better wiper park swith assembly.  But it doesn't look like the old one which was flat with two terminals coming out the top and covered with the red Glyptal.  It has a black plastic housing in the middle of the switch plate.  You can actually interchange these from the newer motor to the older motor and vice versa but you have to retain the original shaft with the original swith plate.  The end of the shaft where the actuator arm bolts on (under the dash) is slightly different too.  So you need to have the correct actuator arm.  And, yes, the plug is different.  The newer unit has a square white plug and the older ones have a wide black plug.  You can match up the wires and change plugs.  And speaking of the parking switch plate terminals and the wires going to them.  You can interchange these two wires and it makes no difference in the operation of the park function.  In fact, you will see them interchanged from the factory quite often.

rt green

sorry blakcharger, didnt mean to hijack your post. i hope your question got answered.   thanks guys!
third string oil changer