News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2007 Monster Mopar Weekend - Aero Car Gathering Details

Started by hemigeno, August 01, 2007, 05:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: 69_500 on September 12, 2007, 04:52:41 PM
But from the look of things you'd have to move a weeks worth of stuff just to get the car out.

Why would you say that?  :shruggy:  :eek2:  :lol:
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

69_500

Hey speaking of that car, did you find out which cars broadcast sheet it is that you have? I know it didn't go to Jerry's car that was there last weekend, but I'd check to see if it's another T5 car. Not too many of those around, and even less that are HEMI's.

Okay so I'll admit that I'd also love a peek at it for personal enjoyment as well, the car and the broadcast sheet that is. :)

Always up for learing more.

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: 69_500 on September 13, 2007, 07:27:36 PM
Hey speaking of that car, did you find out which cars broadcast sheet it is that you have? I know it didn't go to Jerry's car that was there last weekend, but I'd check to see if it's another T5 car. Not too many of those around, and even less that are HEMI's.

Okay so I'll admit that I'd also love a peek at it for personal enjoyment as well, the car and the broadcast sheet that is. :)

I emailed a photo that I already had on the computer of the T5 Hemi C500 Broadcast Sheet.  There is a bit of glare from the sheet protector, but it is mostly readable.  I will retake the picture without the protector and send it to you when I get a chance...

Quote from: 69_500 on September 13, 2007, 07:27:36 PM

Freudian Slip...?  :scratchchin:  :lol:
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

Troy

I caught these two guys goofing around...

And a few more cars with those funny wings...

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Troy

I think this guy has wing envy - but he has some funky valve covers to compensate...

This guy claims he drove to the show but the car was way too spotless to believe that... Hey! So that's where I left my Mountain Dew.  :blush2:

Troy

Troy

Nothing like a jaunt around the track in the rain...

Troy

Troy

Sunday was nicer but somehow I ended up in the back seat and we still ended up dead last. :P

Danny was having none of it and passed half the field at just over 2 mph...

Rest of the pics:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v375/switchstancebrdr/MonsterMopar/2007/WingCars/

Troy

69_500

Oh believe me the car was far from spotless. Those rain spots on the windsheild weren't fresh when you got in the car.  :nana: :nana:

Too bad they said we couldn't pass anyone, or I would have definately moved up one spot. I would have blown by that Yellow Daytona.   

:smilielol:

hemigeno

Quote from: 69_500 on September 15, 2007, 11:40:58 AM
I would have blown by that Yellow Daytona.   

The golf cart I was driving would have blown by Dan's car...   :rotz:

chargerman68

to all that attended,

got to say great looking cars wish i had one.... :drool5:
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

hemi68charger

Quote from: hemigeno on September 15, 2007, 01:06:05 PM

Oh man !!!  Them there are fightin' words...   :hah:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemigeno

Quote from: hemi68charger on September 15, 2007, 01:59:53 PM

Troy, you'd be right under any other set of circumstances, but this had everything to do with the driver and nothing to do with the capabilities of the car.  It was sortof a location joke - you had to be there...

hemi68charger

Quote from: hemigeno on September 15, 2007, 02:34:40 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on September 15, 2007, 01:59:53 PM

Troy, you'd be right under any other set of circumstances, but this had everything to do with the driver and nothing to do with the capabilities of the car.  It was sortof a location joke - you had to be there...

Oh,, sure... rub it in even more that I wasn't able to attend...     :'(      I even miss out on the jokes.......  Sooo, now you have to tell us the story about Dan and the cart......
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

hemigeno

Let's just put it this way -- this was probably the only instance in recorded history where the driver of a Daytona was pulled over for going too SLOW...   :smilielol:

69_500

And the only time I can ever remember someone on a track being told to GET CLOSER TO THE CAR IN FRONT OF HIM.

Mopurr

still very surprised that Dan even got the car out on the track and you will get a kick out of this.....

After being on the track he told us.....

about getting talked to about leaving to much space and how we were not driving legal out there by what the pace guy wanted. because.... you are suppose to leave one car length between each car for each 10 mph speed.  Like we were suppose to be driving law legal on a racetrack(sorry could not find a emoticon for roflmao)

69_500

Troy made the comment from my car that he could have passed him several times on his bicycle.

Troy

You think I'm joking? ;) I almost got out and walked up there to ask him to speed up... then I realized that I'm not quite skinny enough to exit a Charger from a rear side window. :D

Troy

3--Daytona

Now,,,,You guy's should'nt be so critical of { OLD YELLOWER }  He did win the class in the car show, as he does year after year. Yellow gas tank and all. That yellow tank hanging out back, reminds me of a boar hog with his b!!!!!1 hanging out. And Ole Yellor scored 97 points on  score card,,that's 3 points from perfect.   Hey , Geno, maybe we should stop spending on resteration, and just copy thing's at home.  Hey Danny, How about a picture of that crumy old 2nt place car , that could only muster 90 points.

3-daytona

Mopurr

When the pace car stopped and he started walking back..... just knew where he was heading.

If you only knew all of the Dan stories.....

Mopurr

Cough cough cough.....

Jim that is why we have not bothered going in the judge classes at MM for years. learned a long time ago that they do not know and or judge cars for correctness there.  I started realizing this a long time ago when a group of judges approached our 69 Charger and One was telling the others that it was not a factory color, it is R4 and you could not have asked to get the color closer to the original because of the original paint showing under the windshield gasket when we replaced it.

Comment: MM is a lot of fun, I just think that their judging is lacking.  And it is much more fun to just go and visit and have a good time, being judged just takes a lot of the fun out of stuff, and I probably feel this way for doing this stuff for 15-20yrs.

Dan thinks his car is soooooo correct with the yellow gas tank etc......Just remember what his wing with all of the pits looked like.

I would so like for Dan to go to a really well judge mopar car show and find things out.

And he would like to know why he never would get best mopar at the car show we used to do.  It was because there were better cars there by the way.

Ok I really must get down off of my soap box about Dan's car and the judging at MM.

And just a note.... I am not this catty about everyones cars Dan just brings it out in me and if you know him you know why.

Troy

Hey, I like the car (it's better than my Daytona) and don't know the owner at all. I'd still rather see cars at a show than know about cars that are tucked away out of site. I'm even more impressed when the owner knows how to use the gas pedal. ;)

I seriously doubt any of my cars will ever be judged. I appreciate the effort that goes into a concourse car but I drive entirely too much and I have an aversion to cleaning my car every five minutes. :P I've put just over 2,400 miles on my Barracuda since Labor Day weekend. :drive:

Troy

Aero426

Quote from: Mopurr on September 18, 2007, 10:05:19 AM
Cough cough cough.....

Dan thinks his car is soooooo correct with the yellow gas tank etc......Just remember what his wing with all of the pits looked like.

I never noticed... but what is his explanation for the yellow gas tank?

hemi68charger

Troy