News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what should this 512 combo make

Started by mally69, August 01, 2007, 09:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mally69

Quote from: firefighter3931 on October 25, 2007, 08:07:22 PM

Oh ya, tell him I said hi too...lol !

Ron

I will tell him that you said hello also.  :2thumbs:..   ;)

And, I thank everyone for their input I appretiate the help.  :coolgleamA::yesnod:

mally69

FIREFIGHTER  and   STREEWIZE,,  Dwayne Porter say Hello,  :2thumbs: just got off the phone with him

firefighter3931

Quote from: mally69 on November 05, 2007, 09:04:55 PM
FIREFIGHTER  and   STREEWIZE,,  Dwayne Porter say Hello,  :2thumbs: just got off the phone with him

Cool....thanks for relaying the message.  :2thumbs: I'm sure you had an enlightening conversation talking with Dwayne. He is an excellent teacher and has taught me a LOT about building power in BB mopar engines. You're in good hands !  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

mally69

Quote from: firefighter3931 on November 05, 2007, 09:25:27 PM
Quote from: mally69 on November 05, 2007, 09:04:55 PM

Cool....thanks for relaying the message.  :2thumbs: I'm sure you had an enlightening conversation talking with Dwayne. He is an excellent teacher and has taught me a LOT about building power in BB mopar engines. You're in good hands !  :icon_smile_big:

Ron

Yes, i did have a pretty good conversation with him..He is VERY knowledgable and defintaly knows his stuff   And, im only in good hands thanks to  YOU GUY'S directing me to him Thanks. ;). :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

SeattleCharger

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

mally69

Well he told me that i should be in the 650 to 680 hp range  and should be easliy in the 10's with a 3700 Lb charger  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:    im excited now,`  Im going to order my stuff this weekend and when it comes in ill post some pics of it and keep you guys updated clear up to the day i have it dynoed which im hoping will be soon  :coolgleamA:

oh yea and what woulkd a 4500 stall be like to drive around town just a quick thought?
would it be similar to my 3500 stall in my current charger?

aifilaw

The thought of driving that around town is fairly amusing to me. That's not a very streetable buildup. :)
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

firefighter3931

Quote from: mally69 on November 06, 2007, 07:28:17 PM
Well he told me that i should be in the 650 to 680 hp range  and should be easliy in the 10's with a 3700 Lb charger  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:    im excited now,`  Im going to order my stuff this weekend and when it comes in ill post some pics of it and keep you guys updated clear up to the day i have it dynoed which im hoping will be soon  :coolgleamA:

oh yea and what woulkd a 4500 stall be like to drive around town just a quick thought?
would it be similar to my 3500 stall in my current charger?

That's plenty of power for 10's.....you have to get it hooked and work on the chassis but the power will be there.  :icon_smile_big:

A tight 4500 converter is no problem on the street. I have a dynamic 9.5in 4500 stall going in mine with the 4.10 Dana. A good quality high stall converter is very streetable....slightly looser than stock but certainly managable.  :Twocents:

I wouldn't consider this engine build unstreetable at all. Just because it makes big power doesn't mean it has to be nasty....cubic inches are your friend.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

mally69

Just ordered my stuff  :drive: :drive:   I was told it should be at my door in 3-4 weeks... Ill keep on the update :icon_smile_big:

firefighter3931

Quote from: mally69 on November 10, 2007, 05:44:20 PM
Just ordered my stuff  :drive: :drive:   I was told it should be at my door in 3-4 weeks... Ill keep on the update :icon_smile_big:

:2thumbs:

SeattleCharger

Quote from: firefighter3931 on November 11, 2007, 10:41:01 AM

That would be awesome man.   Can you get pics of everything as this happens and keep the thread updated? 

mally69

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on November 11, 2007, 02:00:25 PM
Quote from: firefighter3931 on November 11, 2007, 10:41:01 AM

That would be awesome man.   Can you get pics of everything as this happens and keep the thread updated? 

I most definaltey will do that  :2thumbs:

mally69

Just an update,, I didnt forget about thread , im waiting on my parts which will be here next week  :coolgleamA:  then i will post some pics :yesnod:

SeattleCharger

cool.   could you maybe write a little along the way of some of the things the stroker needed extra?  aluminum heads, yes, cam, etc, more wondering about fuel pump, fuel lines, oil pump, things like that, appreciate it, Nate

mally69

zerfetzen

Looks like an awesome build, but I'm pretty amateur.  Shouldn't the headers be 2 1/8" tubes instead of 2" for that application?  Cheers.
Current Daily Driver: 2006 Dodge Charger RT
Current Project: 1969 Dodge Charger
Previous Cars I want back: 1974 Barracuda, 1973 Cuda

mally69

I am pretty sure dwayne porter recomended  2''

zerfetzen

All good then, just checking  :2thumbs:

The only reason I said that was because I was looking at this 500 Wedge, and it says 2 1/8" is recommended:
http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/500wed505hor.html
Current Daily Driver: 2006 Dodge Charger RT
Current Project: 1969 Dodge Charger
Previous Cars I want back: 1974 Barracuda, 1973 Cuda

mally69

HMMM  good point, i had better ask him again just to be sure that he said 2'' 

firefighter3931

A 2 in primary tube header is plenty for your combo Mally  ;)

Ron

mally69

mally69

Ok here are some pics   FINALLY ;)  these are my block with BCR's alumin main caps installed and line bored ready to go, the girdle isn't attatched  yet in my pic's.  Lots more comming

mally69

Cam specs...  I just got my cam and lifter's last night so, I should have all the rest VERY shortly ( what a great christmas gift for myself)

mally69

Things done to the block,
1. The block is .30 over
2. All the extra sharp edges of cast marks were ground off
3. The pistons are 5 thousanths in the hole ( i forget exactly how much was taken off the deck hight, but its 5 thousanths above zero deck)
4. BCR"s aluminum main cap and girdle system  installed..

firefighter3931

Very freaking nice !  :drool5: That BCR girdle is one stout piece and money well spent  :2thumbs:

That looks like a healthy cam and it will perform like a champ in a 512ci combo !  :yesnod:

When does it get assembled ? Any chance it will see a dyno ?

Ron