News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird rear window trim in production

Started by BEAPARTS, August 14, 2007, 02:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BEAPARTS

Well, the bird trim is in tooling right now.  I shouldn't have said anything back in March, we had 35 other parts we were reproducing in front of the trim that I need to put on the web site.

If you have been following B/E & A and PG Classic for any length of time, you know when we say it will be done it gets done like the 68 charger tail light bezels we promised along with many other parts we made recently. 

Now before everybody gets jacked up and out of shape, please understand, the reality is that the market is extremely small. The only way to make parts less expensive, like a Comaro part, is to sell hundreds or make a cheap piece of crap.  You need to spread out the tooling costs, which in itself is very expensive, over a large quantity of parts.  Unfortunately all of us in this hobby, including myself, are stuck with the reality that we will pay 3 - 4 times the cost for a similar good quality part that went on Fords and Chevy's.

The projected selling price for the trim is $1,000 - $1,200, ouch no kidding.  There will be 50 sets made initially and that's it, I don't think I'll sell that many and I can't afford to sit on anymore than that for the next five years, we make to many parts to fast to afford that luxury.

I don't get on the Charger site for any length of time so if you don't get responses from me of comments posted here that's why.  I'm always available, by phone, to talk cars and current/future parts.

Respectfully,

Michael C. Ross
B/E & A Restoration Parts, Inc. - Owner
www.beaparts.com
330-725-3990

daytonalo

BEAPARTS

I did have plans for the Daytona trim, the problem is I don't have a set.  I had to give up the title to my HEMI cuda as collateral for the Bird trim.

daytonalo

I manufacture a few items for Daytona , and I think there are more guy's building Daytona compared to Birds

69_500

True more people building Daytona's than Superbirds, but there are already 4 times the number of real Superbirds as there are Daytona's. Already a larger market.

BEAPARTS

Any Daytona trim?  I'm out of Hemi cudas for ransome.

daytonalo

BEAPARTS

I've had requests for it once the word was out on the bird trim.

TomP

Isn't it similar to the Charger trim (some pieces the same)?  Could there be an overlap?
'70 Charger R/T Clone - FE5/V1W 451/727/Dana/4 wheel disc brakes/AC (Under Restification)
'70 Challenger - FM3/V1W 440/727/8.75/4 wheel disc brakes (Under Restification)
'74 Duster - FM3/V1W 225/904/7.25 Disc/Drum
'93 RAM D250 - 5.9L/A518/9.25 (Old Sacto Cop Truck)
'94 BMW 740iL

Yes, I'm a Dodge Boy.  Verstehen?

moparstuart

sounds like a reasonable deal  if you see what the reals ones go for on ebay that a great price    make the daytona ones too
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

sunroofsuperbird

Most daytona cloners dont need rear window trim as the best way too do one is a vega rear plug and it should already have trim or should not be hard to find vega trim. but the high dollar real daytona owners may need some.
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
71 Challenger R/T stationwagon
70 Sunroof superbird clone
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
71 Challenger conv pace car
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
78 Aspen Super Coupe Sedan Delivery
80 Aspen Load Runner wagon
67 Fury 6 door limo wagon
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

Old Moparz

Aren't a portion of the base Charger mouldings the same as the Daytona mouldings? You could reproduce the base Charger mouldings, which would be a much larger market than a Superbird & Daytona combined, & then reproduce the odd Daytona only, mouldings for a smaller market, not another entire set.

Maybe I'm wrong here?   :shruggy:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Charger1973

Quote from: sunroofsuperbird on August 14, 2007, 03:40:21 PM
Most daytona cloners dont need rear window trim as the best way too do one is a vega rear plug and it should already have trim or should not be hard to find vega trim. but the high dollar real daytona owners may need some.

I dont know much about Daytonas or clones but I was thinking the same thing when I read this too.

daytonalo

pettybird

i have a full set of 'tona moldings, off the car.  and i'm about 20 mins from you.

I also have the stainless pillar moldings loose.

and you have a warehouse full of parts i need.  how convenient ;)

doug

daytonalo

I make the A-pillar trim ! Sold over twenty sets !

hotrod98

Marty's right about the Daytona cloners using the vega plugs and not needing the moldings. The bird cloners however don't have that luxury. The lack of moldings has been the reason for not installing a back window plug in my wife's bird clone. However, that plan has probably changed now that moldings are available.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

daytonalo

I'm lost ? The picture is of what ????????? The orig trim or composite ?