News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3rd Gen Bubble Hood Value?

Started by chargers_r_us, August 15, 2007, 05:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargers_r_us

How much are the Bubble hoods worth these days? I have a running 73 project Charger with a Bubble hood that I have around $2,000.00 invested into, and it has the Bubble hood. Maybe I should sell that hood separate and then sell the car cheaper with a flat hood. No hits on the Charger for the $2,000.00 yet! This is just the Bubble hood, not air grabber and not R/T.  I'm just think out loud, guys ... any input on the value of these hoods in pretty good cond? Thanks!

TruckDriver

If it is a plain bulge hood with no rust, maybe around $700-800 depending on who wants to pay the $. I'm looking for one myself, but as usual, right now I don't have that much extra money ::)
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Fitz73Chrgr

I got mine for $500 and it's in very good shape.  I've seen them sell for up to $1500 before on eBay though.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

chargers_r_us

Well, I really do not want to sell mine separate, but I would most likely sell for $800 CASH, and then sell the car with a regular flat hood for $1200.00, if that would help to move it along. I need to turn this one into CASH! WOW, these hoods have went up in value, though! I have the R/T with louvers on my 73 SE...I wonder what those are worth now! I would not sell the R/T one, though, as that is my driver car! The one I have to sell is a White 73 Charger with Bubble Hood, dual exhaust, edelbrock 4 Barrell carb on a performer intake. It is a GOOD resto base.

TruckDriver

Too bad you gotta sell it now. I'd not only give you the $800, I'd toss in my white flat hood as well. Just my luck :P
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

41husk

Thats not bad 800 and he will throw in a hood you can put on the car to sell :2thumbs: I would say $800 is top dollar for a plain bulge hood.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

chargers_r_us

Yes, I would sell it for the $800.00, and I would be willing to work with a serious buyer....money down, and a payment plan of some sort...such as a monthly payment,and picking the hood up when it is paid in full over a specified time period. I will be as flexible as possible with a buyer.

Charger1973

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on August 15, 2007, 06:30:03 PM
Too bad you gotta sell it now. I'd not only give you the $800, I'd toss in my white flat hood as well. Just my luck :P

Quote from: chargers_r_us on August 16, 2007, 06:04:02 AM
Yes, I would sell it for the $800.00, and I would be willing to work with a serious buyer....money down, and a payment plan of some sort...such as a monthly payment,and picking the hood up when it is paid in full over a specified time period. I will be as flexible as possible with a buyer.

Hey Pete, see how fast your luck can turn around...    ;D :2thumbs:

41husk

So, you will sell it, he wants to buy it, "Deal or no Deal"? :popcrn:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

chargers_r_us

mikesbbody

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on August 15, 2007, 06:30:03 PM

go on pete! you only live once! espicially nowyour keeping your charger  :2thumbs:

Charger1973

Trust me the hood will get you motivated to work on the car.   :yesnod:

moparguy01

Quote from: Charger1973 on August 16, 2007, 09:09:22 PM
Trust me the hood will get you motivated to work on the car.   :yesnod:
didnt work for me.  :brickwall:

TruckDriver

It will work for me if he hasn't sold it yet. What state you in?
PETE

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on August 16, 2007, 10:03:37 PM

It will work for me if he hasn't sold it yet. What state you in?

GREEEEAAAAAT... that's the attitude
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

chargers_r_us

TruckDriver

PETE

mikesbbody