News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

just registered

Started by pettybird, August 15, 2007, 11:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparstuart on August 18, 2007, 10:12:37 AM
  not to mention the fact the vinal top was a cover up for creatives quicky job so i'm sure alot of it was sloppy in the first place 

I could have swore Superbirds were built at a Chrysler assembly plant.. The specialty parts were constructed over at Creative, but put together by Chrysler employees.... But, you are correct in that the finish to those areas didn't get a lot of attention....

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

daytonalo

In my opinion , no other mopar body has anywhere near the  sculpted lines of the charger ! Almost all of the other body's where flat sided . Don't get me wrong , love them all , just the charger is by far the most best looking car ever built by Chrysler

Larry

pettybird

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 19, 2007, 07:51:30 AM

I could have swore Superbirds were built at a Chrysler assembly plant.. The specialty parts were constructed over at Creative, but put together by Chrysler employees.... But, you are correct in that the finish to those areas didn't get a lot of attention....

Troy

we did the top on the other 'bird a couple years ago, and it was indeed a nightmare of bondotastic proportions.  it took me hours to wire wheel and scotchbrite disc it all out.  chrysler did the top work at lynch, as far as adding the filler and plug.  they welded them in and put plastisol (sp?) on before the car was painted.  plastisol bakes down during the curing process.  it also sinks after a couple decades... 

MOST of the work was done at lynch, including the installation of the hoods, fenders, plugs, trunk lid travel limiters, wing washers, etc.  I can't remember if creative or clearpointe final did the nose installs, painted the chin spoilers, installed the wing and a pillar moldings and other stupid stuff.  i don't know WHY i can't remember, but I must be tired...

here are some topless pics:

better back in blue:

moparstuart

doug you are so sexy with the paint gun in your hands

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

pettybird

thanks man.  cop a feel sometime if you'd like.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

66chargerkid

DOUG wat up. Found your glass? THey really did some damage from the pics. Im on here 2 =)
And if u really dont know who this is its Q 

pettybird

that's the other bird... 

i'm ordering repop glass.

what's up?  you may be in a wing car at next year's meet, eh?

66chargerkid

heck yes =) hopefully not 2 far off i will get my car moving. Just needs paint and the drive train then i have everything else. Leo mcgraws got my motor i have a 727 for it and its ready for paint so hopefully soon. =)