News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trying to locate an obscure old-school rap...somebody help me out.

Started by Orange_Crush, September 23, 2005, 01:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orange_Crush

Back in the late eighties (or maybe early nineties) someone did a rap version of "The Devil Went Down To Georgia" but this time the devil went up to Detroit and engaged in a scratching contest.

Does anyone know who the artist was?
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Orange_Crush

I knew I could count on "El Mafioso Mojo Jojo."  Thank you kind sir.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Ponch ®

BTW - I dont know why you would be asking about a rap song on this site...

I can already read the responses..."who the hell cares about that nig...(hitting the backspace key) "crap" music?"
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Old Moparz

I was looking, but just because I was curious,  never heard it. How about a hillbilly Bluegrass version of AC/DC?

http://www.hayseed-dixie.com/index.html     :D
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Orange_Crush

Hayseed Dixie is cool.

Old School Rap rules...I don't care what anyone says.

Ponch ®

I was blasting Paperboy's "Ditty" while driving to work this morning. You cant go wrong with any song that samples Zapp.

Old Moparz

Bob                

Orange_Crush

Old Moparz

Bob                

Ponch ®

how old school are we talking about? Run DMC / P.E. old school, "the chronic"-era old school, Tupac and Biggie old school?

Orange_Crush

Why do I get the feeling that there aint much you WON'T drink to.

Hey, there's a really good Italian joint in Newburgh that I used to go to after I hit the textile mill.   It was in a run-down shopping center but then it moved a couple of years back.   Do you have any clue as to the place I'm talking about?

Orange_Crush

Quote from: Mojo Classic ® on September 23, 2005, 01:47:14 PM
how old school are we talking about? Run DMC / P.E. old school, "the chronic"-era old school, Tupac and Biggie old school?

I'm talking "Old School" as in back when you were in diapers, junior.

Back when RUN DMC was "edgy"

Ponch ®

so youre into Melle Mel, Grandmaster Flash, Sugarhill, Afrikka Bambataa, Fab Five Freddy,  that sort of thing?

Orange_Crush

Yup.

Back when sampling was new and controversial and scratching was in its rudimentary early stages....Back before Hip Hop became a brand.

Ponch ®

nigga please...you aint that much older than me, pops. Even then I bet you were still running around with a bowl haircut wearing running shorts and a "what a wookie" shirt.

Old Moparz

Quote from: Orange_Crush on September 23, 2005, 01:50:46 PM
Why do I get the feeling that there aint much you WON'T drink to.

Hey, there's a really good Italian joint in Newburgh that I used to go to after I hit the textile mill.   It was in a run-down shopping center but then it moved a couple of years back.   Do you have any clue as to the place I'm talking about?

I don't drink.

As for the Italian restaurant, Diana's maybe? The food changed with the move if it's the same one you're thinking of. The shopping center is getting a makeover & a new "Target" store. (My company is doing the sitework, btw.)
               Bob                

Orange_Crush

Quote from: Mojo Classic ® on September 23, 2005, 01:57:19 PM
nigga please...you aint that much older than me, pops. Even then I bet you were still running around with a bowl haircut wearing running shorts and a "what a wookie" shirt.

Don't forget the striped tube socks pulled up as far as they's go.

BTW, I have pics...but I'll spare myself the humiliation.

Orange_Crush

I don't drink.

Good thing too... You're wide open enough sober.

It WAS Diana's  That place had the best food despite the fact that it loked like such a dive.  Never ate in the new one.

Old Moparz

Quote from: Orange_Crush on September 23, 2005, 02:04:49 PM

I don't drink.

Good thing too... You're wide open enough sober.

It WAS Diana's   That place had the best food despite the fact that it loked like such a dive.   Never ate in the new one.

That same shopping center has a really good BBQ place now called "Barnstormer BBQ". They smoke their own food, have excellent pulled pork snadwiches & ribs. They play nothing but blues on the sound system, serve beer, & you're stuffed for under $10.00. Do you still get up to Newburgh anymore?
               Bob                

Ponch ®

Quote from: Orange_Crush on September 23, 2005, 02:02:24 PM

you probably looked like D.A.R.Y.L.

Orange_Crush

I haven't in a while.   I figure I'll have to hit Newburgh D&P before too long though (used to be ARMA textile).

Orange_Crush

Quote from: Mojo Classic ® on September 23, 2005, 02:10:06 PM
Quote from: Orange_Crush on September 23, 2005, 02:02:24 PM

you probably looked like D.A.R.Y.L.

I looked like H.O.M.O.

Ponch ®

Orange_Crush

Yeah...I'm sure you and Vain look real cute when YOU go out on the town.  The Messcan master and his Anglo bitch...or is it the other way around?