News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MoparStuart's Convertible Superbird Project Pic's

Started by MOPARHOUND!, August 17, 2007, 01:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indygenerallee

Stu you pic whore!!  :lol: :smilielol: T-56, T-56, T-56, T-56, T-56, (random car in Mc'ds parking lot), T-56, T-56, T-56  :lol: :smilielol:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

cdr

Quote from: Indygenerallee on October 08, 2012, 11:15:24 AM
Stu you pic whore!!  :lol: :smilielol: T-56, T-56, T-56, T-56, T-56, (random car in Mc'ds parking lot), T-56, T-56, T-56  :lol: :smilielol:
now david! dont insult THE STU like that! you gotta spell it correct ,,,,,,,,PIC HO  :nana: :smilielol:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Indygenerallee

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on October 08, 2012, 10:42:15 AM
are you gonna go through it before you install it? or does it have low miles?  :cheers:
wasnt planning on it  15 k miles  on it , as far as pictures go just wanted you to see where i do my black market deals  in mound city  missouri mcdonalds parking lot .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

with 15k you should be fine but with your luck  :shruggy:

and Stu is a pic HO
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69rtse4spd

I have done those clandestine deals before, hat pulled low, dark glasses, etc. :icon_smile_big:. How nice of dash light you need, just looked at one Sat. next to speaker  switch, some pitting. Drove to CT. (14) hours away to buy matching set of 70 6-pack carbs two weeks ago. Got to spend some time with my sister also, so win, win. 

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on October 08, 2012, 05:19:39 PM
with 15k you should be fine but with your luck  :shruggy:

and Stu is a pic HO
yup   :brickwall:      :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: picture HO

moparstuart

Quote from: 69rtse4spd on October 08, 2012, 08:44:50 PM
I have done those clandestine deals before, hat pulled low, dark glasses, etc. :icon_smile_big:. How nice of dash light you need, just looked at one Sat. next to speaker  switch, some pitting. Drove to CT. (14) hours away to buy matching set of 70 6-pack carbs two weeks ago. Got to spend some time with my sister also, so win, win. 
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

Mopar John

Hey Stuart!
Your post moves along it's hard to keep up with it. I would like to add some info about your transmission problems. I am an expert in breaking 727 automatic tail shafts. See the attached picture. I had broke them so close together that I almost got banned for all the trans fluid oil downs! I had a guy tell me to use a heavy duty tail shaft which is the one on the right in the picture. Well it didn't break in 2 but had a crack up the side. Beleive it or not the car would run fine with it broke off but you eventually run out of fluid!
  So after a bunch of trial and error the reason for all these broken tailshafts was IMPROPER pinion angle! The original setting at the rear yoke should be 5 to 7 degrees down. If not under load it comes up too high and starts whipping against the tailshaft and cracks it! Now I don't know if that was the beginning of your problem or secondary damage but you had just done a rear end swap and the spring perches may have not been at the right angle in your Birdable? Worth checking when you get things back together.
MJ

moparstuart

Quote from: Mopar John on October 14, 2012, 08:12:14 PM
Hey Stuart!
Your post moves along it's hard to keep up with it. I would like to add some info about your transmission problems. I am an expert in breaking 727 automatic tail shafts. See the attached picture. I had broke them so close together that I almost got banned for all the trans fluid oil downs! I had a guy tell me to use a heavy duty tail shaft which is the one on the right in the picture. Well it didn't break in 2 but had a crack up the side. Beleive it or not the car would run fine with it broke off but you eventually run out of fluid!
  So after a bunch of trial and error the reason for all these broken tailshafts was IMPROPER pinion angle! The original setting at the rear yoke should be 5 to 7 degrees down. If not under load it comes up too high and starts whipping against the tailshaft and cracks it! Now I don't know if that was the beginning of your problem or secondary damage but you had just done a rear end swap and the spring perches may have not been at the right angle in your Birdable? Worth checking when you get things back together.
MJ
thanks very much john when we do the speed manual swap in a couple of months i will make sure to check the rear end pinion angle

JB400

Do you have an adjustable pinion snubber as well?  It might be something to look into when you start messing with your pinion angle.

Mopar John

Quote from: moparstuart on October 01, 2012, 09:28:40 PM
My New Shirt to match my car  , oh and my socks too

Rob Mac can make one for you to or to match your car and stripes

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Thirteen-Twenty-Graphix/379278442125176?fref=ts 

Thirteen Twenty Graphix out of Brockton mass
Stuart,
Since I have a 1970 GTX that's LIMELIGHT green I have some things that would go great with your new shirt and socks!
First off is a hat that was sold by the NHRA it will also keep the sun off the golden dome!
Next are some awesome lime green trimmed shoes with lime green laces! Will go great with the socks!
I saw a young man wearing these and asked him where he got them? He told me from a local outlet mall?
I didn't ask which store thinking there wouldn't be many. Linda and I stopped there and there were at least 10 shoe stores!@#$%^&*(!
Finally at one store a helpfull young lady told me that I had to go to "ZUMMIES" skateboard shop for them?
We stopped in and they they were! These are skateboard shoes and work very well for grip on the pedals in the racecar!
Might be just the thing when you put that six speed in the Birdable!
Last up is the new lime green "DUCK TAPE"! This is a must for your tool box! You never know when some Ford guy or
gang member carves their initials in that convertable top!@#$%^&*()_!!
It will also come in handy when your at a track and need to block some of the grill off for more AERO speed! ENJOY!
Mopar John

moparstuart

:2thumbs: :2thumbs:  love the 200 mph  green tape   , must to tape off the grille and tape the air grabber shut  :rofl:

I have a pair of lime green keds and a bunch of green junk in my trunk

BigBlockSam

Quoteand a bunch of green junk in my trunk

thats cause you eat to many vegetables  :smilielol:

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on October 19, 2012, 10:29:38 AM
Quoteand a bunch of green junk in my trunk

thats cause you eat to many vegetables  :smilielol:
doctors orders    :icon_smile_big:

Indygenerallee

I thought that worked the other way. The more greens you eat the less junk in the trunk you have!!  :icon_smile_big:

WINGIN IT

Quote from: Indygenerallee on October 19, 2012, 10:52:45 AM
I thought that worked the other way. The more greens you eat the less junk in the trunk you have!!  :icon_smile_big:

Beat me to it...  :lol:
Or is it "beet" me to it ...  :D

moparstuart

Quote from: WINGIN IT on October 19, 2012, 12:55:17 PM
Quote from: Indygenerallee on October 19, 2012, 10:52:45 AM

Beat me to it...  :lol:
Or is it "beet" me to it ...  :D
:shruggy: BEETS me !

BigBlockSam

here ya go stu , finish off your look there on ebay  :cheers:

moparstuart

birdible will have a new room mate soon   31 nash

JB400

Indygenerallee

Love the Nash Stu! right on just change out that 350 for a 392 Hemi and you will be set!!!  :2thumbs:

moparstuart

Quote from: Indygenerallee on November 05, 2012, 09:20:39 AM
Love the Nash Stu! right on just change out that 350 for a 392 Hemi and you will be set!!!  :2thumbs:
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  yup thats the plan
   criss crossed checkered racing flags (maybe a skull in the middle) on the door with faded out Speedway Auto Recycling stenciled on

BigBlockSam