News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MoparStuart's Convertible Superbird Project Pic's

Started by MOPARHOUND!, August 17, 2007, 01:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: moparstuart on April 27, 2008, 09:28:13 PM
allen with all your projects you have your work cut out for you 

True enough Stuart... BUT, I still want one!  :yesnod:

I am slowly starting to down size the fleet (just sold the 1973 Charger SE, putting the 1968 Polara 2 Dr HT up for sale next), so in a couple of years I may be in the market for a Convert to Convert... Besides, I already have the wing and a few other parts for the project...  :D

Right now I am not in any mood to acquire another project, unless its by a trade (or is "too good a deal to pass up").  The rough $12K Satellite Conv did not fit either criteria, so I did not even have a look at it.  At the moment the B5 Blue Hole is sucking up all of my funds...  :eek2:

BTW, keep the pictures coming... they are GREAT!  :cheers:

Allen
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

moparstuart

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on April 28, 2008, 07:56:58 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on April 27, 2008, 09:28:13 PM
allen with all your projects you have your work cut out for you 

True enough Stuart... BUT, I still want one!  :yesnod:

I am slowly starting to down size the fleet (just sold the 1973 Charger SE, putting the 1968 Polara 2 Dr HT up for sale next), so in a couple of years I may be in the market for a Convert to Convert... Besides, I already have the wing and a few other parts for the project...  :D

Right now I am not in any mood to acquire another project, unless its by a trade (or is "too good a deal to pass up").  The rough $12K Satellite Conv did not fit either criteria, so I did not even have a look at it.  At the moment the B5 Blue Hole is sucking up all of my funds...  :eek2:

BTW, keep the pictures coming... they are GREAT!  :cheers:

Allen
i  feel your pain about the b5 blue hole but you will soon have a stunner
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: moparstuart on April 28, 2008, 08:03:29 PM
i  feel your pain about the b5 blue hole but you will soon have a stunner

I don't know about how soon it will be...  I have put off related sub-assembly work to make up significant cost over-runs at the bodyshop and for parts for the C500.  Selling some cars & parts to recover...

Your Convertible will always be more stunning to most people than my wingless blunt-nosed Charger.  I was showing pictures of the C500 at the Pate Swap Meet and was told it must be a 1970 because it did not have a grille divider... other similiar comments too!  :brickwall:  A few recognized what it was, but most of them took 15 seconds or longer to react.  BUT, I will still be soooo happy when I take it out for the first drive!!!  :coolgleamA:

Now that you got the Convert going, are you planning to drive it often... at least weekly?  :yesnod:  :yesnod:  :yesnod:

Allen
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

moparstuart

well maybe mopar aerocars are an aquired taste but i love them and 500's were the first.  I love them and your blue one will be stunning .Not to mention the fact you have two pointy nose cars waiting . I'm sure i will rack up the miles on the birdable the first year , but not weekly ,gas prices are killing me (still recovering from the costs of restoration too).  I also have a  Daytona clone in the works stretching me financailly to buy parts for it also.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,43340.0.html         more weekend pic's of the birdable here and  here            http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,43336.0.html

moparstuart

I blew up the 440 in my birdable today,oh well back to the drawing board

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

66chargerkid

moparstuart

pettybird

wow!  that sucks!

at least you have plenty of time before Deluth!

moparstuart

gotta love ya dougy ,Expect to see the 69 brother , I'm hoping st louis??? maybe ! for the birdable again ?

66chargerkid

naw he gonna try :)
That center 2 barrel makes for some kick ass gas mileage.
Hopefully we will be back in the car before you know it.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on May 04, 2008, 11:35:58 PM
no worries , that'll buff out  :o    :scared:
some JB weld will work great , just a father son weekend project and it'll be good as new !

66chargerkid

PocketThunder

Holy Crap Stu!!   :o

I would suggest putting in a slant 6 and you will be very happy with the mileage that you get..  :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on May 05, 2008, 10:00:12 AM

I would suggest putting in a slant 6 and you will be very happy with the mileage that you get..  :yesnod:
hey paul i will gladly trade you a nice ventilated 440 for your hill side hemi motor !

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on May 05, 2008, 10:03:58 AM

hey paul i will gladly trade you a nice ventilated 440 for your hill side hemi motor !

Sure as long as i get it carb to pan!  :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BigBlockSam

my six pack car gets terible gas miliage . i think it's cause it has a big cam . six pack cars are fun to drive.  :METAL:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on May 05, 2008, 10:41:28 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on May 05, 2008, 10:03:58 AM

Sure as long as i get it carb to pan!  :icon_smile_big:
I was thinking short block

moparstuart

moparstuart

what do you guys think of this one  , sounded good to me and reasonable @  $1000.00 and gets me back on the road quicker ?

?????????????????????

I have a 440 short block for sale that I was going to put in a 66 Dart, but the project is dead.

The motor is a 73 440 that has been bored 40 over. I had Keith Black Silvolite pistons installed in it, new bearings and internally balanced.

All work was done by Garrison Performance .

Motor was originally externally balanced. I had him change it over to an internally balanced motor so that a standard harmonic balancer could be used.
Motor has a MP purple shaft, 292 Cam in it.

Motor is still wrapped in the plastic that came from the machine shop. I might be able to find a copy of the receipts or get a copy from Allen at Garrison Performance. I have other parts that could go with the motor. The distributor is run of the mill, the coil is a hot accell coil with programable red lines in it. I looked it up one time and that coil setup was around 200 bucks.

I have a Edelbrock high rise single plane intake for it.

I'd let it all go for a good offer. Remember, short block...... I have a good set of heads for sale, but that's a different thread.

Brian

Daytona R/T SE

BigBlockSam

Quoteany one ever use them 

those companys are ok for stock  but when you go hp on those motors ,  they void the warrenty . Rene