News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MoparStuart's Convertible Superbird Project Pic's

Started by MOPARHOUND!, August 17, 2007, 01:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 14, 2008, 10:46:30 PM
does that lift roll to the right in front of the over head door then roll back to the left? :scratchchin:
they can but we just rolled the car in and pushed it back , they have a small shop and it's a tight fit but that little lebaron convertible with the rubber bumper covers works as a great push car also LOL

they have two lifts in the tiny shop, really a nice set up for just a small family part-time run shop .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Charger-Bodie

So? Hows She runnin? Are ya gettin it sorted out and ready to head to St Louie?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

BB1

Delete my profile

moparstuart

Got word friday , he has had it out cruising several times has about 10 hours on it now running. Cam is bigger then i wanted but it sounds really good.  Some of the electrical stuff is slowly getting sorted out .It has wipers now, The top works from the switch now ,we dont have to hot wiring it anymore . If anyone knows where the horn relay is under the dash of a 70 Plymouth let me know . I'm used to 69's where they are out on the core support by the horns. Leo is taking it to The  Good guy's show this week end at Kansas speedway where they have 3000 cars show up.  He should have a good time showing it off. Our family is taking the little charger to charger fever this week end so Birdible gets showed with out me .

Ed you can have a ride anytime ,I just hope i get to drive it again soon .     

nascarxx29

70 B Body horn relay is under the left side of dash frame. 69 B Body ones are still under the hood
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

moparstuart

Quote from: nascarxx29 on August 24, 2008, 09:16:22 AM
70 B Body horn relay is under the left side of dash frame. 69 B Body ones are still under the hood
thanks dave i'll start looking there

nascarxx29

It will be secured underneath left side of dash by a phillips head.The horn relay will be on the backside of the dash

moparstuart

moparstuart

birdible is safe at home and in the garage for the 2nd time ever !!!

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

moparstuart

i NEED A SIX PAC EXPERT  first , plus at least let me at least get it broken in before we tear it up again  :smilielol: :smilielol:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: moparstuart on September 07, 2008, 09:34:03 PM
i NEED A SIX PAC EXPERT  first , plus at least let me at least get it broken in before we tear it up again  :smilielol: :smilielol:

Ive got a friend who could tune that thing in for ya!! Bring it up, he'd do it in a heartbeat and not charge you a dime.

moparstuart

Charger-Bodie

66chargerkid

If we go to Iowa to tune the 6 pack we would prolly send her to Mr. Ed George in Boone

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 66chargerkid on September 07, 2008, 09:57:40 PM
If we go to Iowa to tune the 6 pack we would prolly send her to Mr. Ed George in Boone

It was just a friendly offer !  :2thumbs:

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on September 07, 2008, 09:34:03 PM

you want some expert advice?  throw the damn thing away.

BigBlockSam

QuoteBurnout

:yesnod:  BURNOUT!

whats up with the sixpack. . maybe someone here can help ya . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on September 07, 2008, 11:03:47 PM
QuoteBurnout

:yesnod:  BURNOUT!

whats up with the sixpack. . maybe someone here can help ya . Rene
the vacuum secondary's on # one and three carbs start kicking in as soon as i mash the pedal and rob alll my vacuum away
  they are fresh newly rebuilt from holley . ? why are they kicking in right away , and not at speed when i need them to ?  SHUT UP DOUGY !

nascarxx29

Check your vacuum lines going to the secondarys.And What color springs are in the vacuum secondarys.They have weak and strong springs by color and this determines the openings

moparstuart

it's sucking to hard at start up i think i have a bad metering block on the ceter carb or the center carb is leaking at the base gasket ?

moparstuart

quintin and I got the new pistol grip style automatic shifter installed tonight looks cool !!!

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on September 08, 2008, 09:29:20 AM

the vacuum secondary's on # one and three carbs start kicking in as soon as i mash the pedal and rob alll my vacuum away
  they are fresh newly rebuilt from holley . ? why are they kicking in right away , and not at speed when i need them to ?  SHUT UP DOUGY !

what do you mean by "sucking up" on startup?  hard starts?  bogging?  if the base gasket is leaking you'll have a lean idle.  if you're bleeding gas into the motor on shutdown, it'll flood a couple cyls on warm starts and be hard to start when totally cold due to no fuel.  you can confirm or dispel this by letting it sit for a couple days, then pressing down on the accelerator pump arm 4-6 times to see if the bowl is dry. 

the GOOD running 6 packs at work kick in right away...  our '71 Super Bee opens them up before 2500rpm and tears the tires to pieces.  hella cool. 

does the problem occur at all engine rpm's?  I mean, are you just not able to get off the line, or does it fall over when the motor's screaming at 4000RPM, held in first and then hammered down?

check your timing to make sure it's not too retarded.  I know it sounds weird, but take it out and humor me.  give it a good crank clockwise and see if things improve.  Our '66 satellite custom car had that problem... 

you can free rev the car with the air cleaner off to see if they're kicking in, and whether or not the car stumbles at that moment or whether it's coincidental. 

make sure to verify the operation of your accelerator pump on the center carb.  if it's not shooting fuel properly any car will fall on its face.  I had a malfunctioning one on a BRAND NEW Holley that I took out of the box myself! 

check the float bowl levels on all three carbs. 

Did the car run better before the first motor died?  if no, you have an existing problem, and if yes, then you're chasing something that's changed along with the new motor.  play with the timing first--keep the light in the drawer and just take the thing out and try different positions.  not every motor likes the factory settings. 

I don't mean to make this sound like a lecture but you know it's true what they say:  "CHECK THE BASICS."

moparstuart

we had to block them off completely because they are opening up at idle /or when you first hit the gas.  newly reman so i hope the springs are not weak. ?